“Terrible managed business”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Terrible managed business”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

DO NOT GO HERE! We went there to fish and do the horse back riding only to show up there with 3 people working there that had no idea how much anything was and told us it would be 50.00 for my 6year old son to fish catch and release and we also couldnt ride the horses yet because they weren't ready yet and this was at 10am and the sign said they open at 9 am. IT was a very shady business! So we left and went to B&H trout fishing pond which was great and red ridge riding stable which was also great.

4 Thank Lillgster

Ypsilanti, Michigan
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“False Advertisement in General- Horseback Riding experience”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

All the advertisement around the dells showed a beautiful place, with lovely trails, excellent fishing and aquarium. WRONG! We went there to ride the trails; specifically ride the elite trails. Once we arrived and saw the place we should have left. The only thing accurate in the advertisements was the look of the barn with the places name on it. There was no elite trails and the only ride a person could take was the short ride.
The horses were well trained and fine for first time riders. (Only positive thing I have to say)
The trails needed to be groomed in many area's, however, maybe they weren't groomed so it would hide all the JUNK and empty trailers scattered around. I thought we were going to ride in beautiful meadows and woodlands, instead we rode in a junk yard.
I'm a pretty positive person and tried to turn this experience into something more entertaining and had to find the humor in site seeing a landfill with a guide who could ride bareback while she went bare-back (NO BRA!) To each his own I guess but charge appropriately!
Once were were done there we went to ride somewhere else and talked to the locals about this place. From what I hear they had to shut down last year...........I wonder why!?!?!

4 Thank irishrosebud30
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Please do not be fooled by advertisements that portray this establishment as something good. When we approached the "aquarium," we had to wait about ten minutes for someone to assist us with purchasing tickets. That should have been red flag number one. Adults have to pay six dollars each to enter the "aquarium," which you soon discover is six dollars way too much. The taxidermy displays in the front would have been mildy interesting if there were labels indicating which animals/fish are which. The "aquarium" is nothing more than a series of separate concrete tanks with random fish from the area swimming in them, and in some cases the water is so dirty and cloudy you can't see anything anyway. At one point there apparently were dispensers available so that visitors could feed the fish, but like the rest of this place they were broken down and useless. This whole place looks like an abandoned bait shop. It is filthy, creepy, and downright disgusting. I think the police and/or human society should be called in to shut this place down and put the fish in a place where they will be well cared for. Do not waste your time and money by visiting this place!

6 Thank RevSpaceman
Fitchburg, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“NEVER AGAIN.”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I were excited to find a cheap aquarium in the dells. We pulled up to a scary looking, trailer home looking place. It looked run down and pretty iffy....we decided to give it a shot anyway (BIG MISTAKE!). There was no one to be found to sell us a ticket. We pushed a button for help and a big boat horn went off out back. A woman pulled around in her car, cigarette in hand, and sold us tickets, then ran off before we could ask her any sort of questions. We carefully walked in and found that the entire first half of the place was all taxidermy behind thick glass...WHAT?! The other half of the place was basically breeding tanks of random fish. The place HAS to be illegal. It was all very creepy and confusing. NEVER EVER take your children to this fake aquarium. WOW.

5 Thank Aly C
Peru, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“SAVE YOUR MONEY”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Beaver Springs flyer is the most deceiving part about this place. We arrived and it looked like a dump and mistakenly we still proceeded. We had a Splash Pass which was Buy One Get One Free horseback riding, which we were unable to use. (There were no details on the card that stated that after 10 it was Buy One Get One Half Off). We figured why not, for two people the total came to just over 47 dollars. While getting our horses the guide had literally asked if one of us wanted to ride the "pony with an attitude," which was obviously declined by everyone. We rode through a man's privately owned dump, and did figure 8s the entire time. We paid for an hour long ride and the ride hardly hit 40 minutes, which by then was okay with me because I was sick of seeing Mount Olympus rear parking lot. On the contrary, last year we went to EZ Roll Riding Stable which was outstanding and I wish we would have revisited. I recommend using a little more gas money and traveling to this nice family owned business instead of paying rude people to guide you on a senseless trail.

Visited June 2012