“Wonderful Experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Rivers Edge Resort and Motel
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I recently stayed at River's Edge for 2 nights. The accommodations were good, the food was great, the experiences (tubing) was wonderful, and everyone of the staff we encountered was awesome and helpful. I would recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Much more reasonable than a stay right in the Dells….much quieter to.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jul120

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in cabin number 35 for 3 nights and for the price it was really nice. The resort is right on the water and has some amazing views of the river. It was $90 a night and came with a single bedroom, full kitchen and private bathroom. No walking to an outhouse! The bed was uncomfortable by the last night, but not to the point that I couldn't sleep at all. The staff was friendly and helpful at check-in. Beware that there is no maid service during the time of your stay. If you plan on staying at this resort you only get the towels they give you and the bed only gets made if you do it yourself. I would suggest bringing a couple of your own towels to make sure you have enough. Overall it was a great experience. A cozy cabin and a great trip!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Misspachy
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I already reviewed the restaurant on site here but I just had to add this about the people that worked in the motel and boat rental area (same folks) Dealt with them on various things 3 different times and you just couldn't find more friendly human beings anywhere.Gentleman rang me up one person short on tube rental and he just said "we'll pretend you had another coupon" and he was the owner !
Just thought ya should know.

Room Tip: I might stay at this hotel next time up there.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I attempted to rent two potoons from River's Edge and was turned away. I reserved the two boats a week in advance and I was not informed over the phone that I had to pay for the boats the night before. When I arrived there in the morning they had given them away and had only one boat left. I asked to rent the one boat and I was told that if I couldn't listen to the rules on the phone I couldn't listen to them on the boat and I was turned away. Unbelievable. I immediately went to Lake Delton Watersports and rented from them. They were extremely friendly and accomodating. Do not go to Rivers Edge. Rent from Lake Delton Water Sports.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2012

After reading a few of the reviews regarding River's Edge Resort I felt the need to add my experience EACH AND EVERY time my husband and I stay at the resort. We mainly stay in the Spring or Fall time (better fishing) and have been each season for over 15 years. Every visit is rewarding.. the scenery, the room, the restaurant and staff but most of the all the owners. Botch and Dionne are wonderful and go out of their way to make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible. We have had a few overnight visits in the Summer and have the same experience. Thanks Rivers Edge for allowing us to feel like we are at home when we are there. Obviously you must be doing something right to keep us coming back all these years!. Debbie and Al Iverson

Room Tip: If you want a river view stay in rooms 1-6.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DEBBIE I
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We actually did not stay at this hotel but went on their river tube tour. Last year, while on the Wisconsin Duck tour, we saw groups rafting and thought it would be a fun idea. Cost was $12.50 per person if we all paid together ($15 each if separate) and $7 for a tube for the cooler. We loaded into a pontoon boat, and we were driven to the top of the river. We linked the tubes together and made our way down. The river was moving VERY SLOW the day we went, and it took about 3.5-4 hours for us to get back. We recommend that you start paddling yourself in far before their dock, as it takes some time to cross the river and you’re liable to overshoot. Overall, it was a relaxing, fun, and great day in the sun. We’d definitely do it again, just with more sunscreen and more beer for the cooler :)

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank kdub49
Reviewed July 28, 2011

There are good and bad about the River's Edge. First the location is great. It's off the main drag about 1 to 2 miles down on Route A. The office and several units sit at the top of a hill overlooking the Wisconsin River. The riverside apartments would be best view of river. Then across the road there are more units and another pool. That's where we stayed in cabin #28. Our pool was well maintained and very nice. Not crowded and nothing fancy, but you could bring your own toys and have the run of the place. Docks, river and beach are 5 minute walk from these cabins. Very nice to have all of that so close and available. Esspecially if you have fishers and sand lovers. Our cabin, although nice, was bare minimum. 8 plates, forks, glasses, etc. If you were cooking for 8 on the charcol grill there was no plate to put the meat on. The cabin held 8, but there were only 5 chairs around the table and 7 around the outside table. No carving knife, no garbage bags, one towel and wash cloth for each guest. Just the basics, and they were the most inexpensive basics you could buy. I say this to prepare you. I would still stay at River's Edge for the atmosphere, but I would bring a supply box of cooking/eating supplies. The docks have canoes, pontoon boats and tubes available for rent, and it's a beautiful part of the river. The duck boats travel it daily for their tours. There is a wide sidewalk on Canyon Road that we walked and checked out several Lake Delton side resorts. The other 4 cabins surrounding ours were having family reunions. Looks like those cabins were perfect for that type of vacation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family