“Great for the price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Rivers Edge Resort and Motel
Ranked #36 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
McHenry, Illinois
“Great for the price”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in cabin number 35 for 3 nights and for the price it was really nice. The resort is right on the water and has some amazing views of the river. It was $90 a night and came with a single bedroom, full kitchen and private bathroom. No walking to an outhouse! The bed was uncomfortable by the last night, but not to the point that I couldn't sleep at all. The staff was friendly and helpful at check-in. Beware that there is no maid service during the time of your stay. If you plan on staying at this resort you only get the towels they give you and the bed only gets made if you do it yourself. I would suggest bringing a couple of your own towels to make sure you have enough. Overall it was a great experience. A cozy cabin and a great trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Misspachy

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I already reviewed the restaurant on site here but I just had to add this about the people that worked in the motel and boat rental area (same folks) Dealt with them on various things 3 different times and you just couldn't find more friendly human beings anywhere.Gentleman rang me up one person short on tube rental and he just said "we'll pretend you had another coupon" and he was the owner !
Just thought ya should know.

Room Tip: I might stay at this hotel next time up there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I attempted to rent two potoons from River's Edge and was turned away. I reserved the two boats a week in advance and I was not informed over the phone that I had to pay for the boats the night before. When I arrived there in the morning they had given them away and had only one boat left. I asked to rent the one boat and I was told that if I couldn't listen to the rules on the phone I couldn't listen to them on the boat and I was turned away. Unbelievable. I immediately went to Lake Delton Watersports and rented from them. They were extremely friendly and accomodating. Do not go to Rivers Edge. Rent from Lake Delton Water Sports.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
JANESVILLE
Reviewed March 7, 2012

After reading a few of the reviews regarding River's Edge Resort I felt the need to add my experience EACH AND EVERY time my husband and I stay at the resort. We mainly stay in the Spring or Fall time (better fishing) and have been each season for over 15 years. Every visit is rewarding.. the scenery, the room, the restaurant and staff but most of the all the owners. Botch and Dionne are wonderful and go out of their way to make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible. We have had a few overnight visits in the Summer and have the same experience. Thanks Rivers Edge for allowing us to feel like we are at home when we are there. Obviously you must be doing something right to keep us coming back all these years!. Debbie and Al Iverson

Room Tip: If you want a river view stay in rooms 1-6.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DEBBIE I
Griffith, Indiana
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We actually did not stay at this hotel but went on their river tube tour. Last year, while on the Wisconsin Duck tour, we saw groups rafting and thought it would be a fun idea. Cost was $12.50 per person if we all paid together ($15 each if separate) and $7 for a tube for the cooler. We loaded into a pontoon boat, and we were driven to the top of the river. We linked the tubes together and made our way down. The river was moving VERY SLOW the day we went, and it took about 3.5-4 hours for us to get back. We recommend that you start paddling yourself in far before their dock, as it takes some time to cross the river and you’re liable to overshoot. Overall, it was a relaxing, fun, and great day in the sun. We’d definitely do it again, just with more sunscreen and more beer for the cooler :)

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank kdub49
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

There are good and bad about the River's Edge. First the location is great. It's off the main drag about 1 to 2 miles down on Route A. The office and several units sit at the top of a hill overlooking the Wisconsin River. The riverside apartments would be best view of river. Then across the road there are more units and another pool. That's where we stayed in cabin #28. Our pool was well maintained and very nice. Not crowded and nothing fancy, but you could bring your own toys and have the run of the place. Docks, river and beach are 5 minute walk from these cabins. Very nice to have all of that so close and available. Esspecially if you have fishers and sand lovers. Our cabin, although nice, was bare minimum. 8 plates, forks, glasses, etc. If you were cooking for 8 on the charcol grill there was no plate to put the meat on. The cabin held 8, but there were only 5 chairs around the table and 7 around the outside table. No carving knife, no garbage bags, one towel and wash cloth for each guest. Just the basics, and they were the most inexpensive basics you could buy. I say this to prepare you. I would still stay at River's Edge for the atmosphere, but I would bring a supply box of cooking/eating supplies. The docks have canoes, pontoon boats and tubes available for rent, and it's a beautiful part of the river. The duck boats travel it daily for their tours. There is a wide sidewalk on Canyon Road that we walked and checked out several Lake Delton side resorts. The other 4 cabins surrounding ours were having family reunions. Looks like those cabins were perfect for that type of vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank groverpw
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have not stayed at the resort, BUT I heard from my dad who use to know the owner, that it was nice place. So I decided to get more information on prices, and such so I could book a room there. I just called July 25, 2011 and whoever answeared the phone was horrible! I started by saying I was interested in renting a room there, and the women on the other end acted like she was ignoring me. Sounded like she was more occupied with a conversation she was having in the background. The only response I got from her was ( you want to rent a canoe ) I said NO! And then she went back to her other conversation!

I was very disappointed! And, I will never even try to attempt to call this place again! I thnk the owners of this place really need to get on there staff more if they don't want to lose business!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Really1970
rebait1, Owner at Rivers Edge Resort and Motel, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I was the person you spoke to on the phone. I am sorry that you found me to be rude and of no help. I strive to be pleasant and very helpful. July can be a very difficult month to manage. It is one of our busiest times of the year, and when I am trying to make every costumer feel appreciated and valued, some may feel neglected. I was not having a 'conversation', I was in fact taking care of the costumers standing in front of me. I didn't not want to appear rude and unhelpful to them. Shift changes can do that in Wisconsin Dells in July. All businesses depend on happy costumers. I hope wherever you call in the future, you take into consideration that the person taking care of you may be stretched a bit thin at that moment...