“I Looked for My Mother in the kitchen”

R Place Italian Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned casual, fine dining Italian-American restaurant. Our meals are four course, which includes homemade minestrone soup, tossed salad with Italian dressing, your entree and rainbow sherbet. Please plan on a leisurely dinner, as all entrees are made to order. They may take a bit more time, but we are told that they are worth the wait!
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Wow, home cooked meals that tasted like ma was in the kitchen. Being that I was born in Italy and have had a life long menu of good home cooked meals from, my mother. Yes it is a bit of a wait but that's what you expect when the meals are all made from scratch. All meals are 5 course meals, which is what you expect if you were to eat at restaurants in Italy. Living in Chicago, I have my favorite Italian restaurants and this is definitely on my list. I have been going to R Place for many years and have always had excellent meals. The chef comes out and talks to the customers to ask how the meal was, how many restaurants do you know that the chef cares about customers experience? If you are looking for good home cooked Italian meals, R Place is the place. You will not be disappointed, everybody I have sent there have become regulars. Bon apetito

2  Thank nuts2day

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The service was absolutely wonderful. And it was all downhill from there. The minestrone soup and salad were okay but bland. The main course was horrible. There were 7 people in our party and no one had a good meal.
The pasta was not drained and
the sauce was a watery mess. The white sauce was obviously out of a jar.The lasagna had the distinct taste of a canned pasta meal. We all tasted it and it tasted just like Chef Boyardee. Whatever it was, the microwave preparation didn't help it's
cause. We were staying in a place with a kitchen and this was our one night to eat out. Anything would have been better. What a disappointment. Look at the years on the good reviews for this place. It may have been good a few years ago, but that ship has sailed. Do NOT waste your money or time.

1  Thank wringh1
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were looking for unique restaurants that we can not go to in our home city. We read reviews on this site and were pleased we chose this restaurant. They serve four courses (soup, salad, entree, and a sherbet ice cream plus bread) which definitely fill you up. The atmosphere is very calm and relaxing. The staff were so kind, and the chef even came out to ask how the food was as well as make sure the food was prepared how I wanted before hand. They clearly cared about the quality of the food and the customer.

1  Thank larahmr
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We just returned from a mid-week vacation at the Dells and our meal at R place was the absolute highlight of our visit. After all the crowds and noise of the waterparks and theme parks the coziness of R place was like an oasis for our frazzled nerves. We went for an early supper and were greeted by the sweetest, prettiest little waitress who settled us right in. Almost immediately the chef (and owner) came out to introduce himself and tell us some of the specials. The interior was a little dark but it was kind of nice after all clashing loudness of the rest of the dells. The food was great! Soup, salad, bread and entrees were all just delicious! In our family of five there was not a single complaint and that is almost unheard of! I will also tell you that I am a mom who believes in cooking food fresh, from scratch and my family DESPISES processed foods-we can spot it in a second-and there was NONE of that in our meals. . The food arrived faster than I expected, but it wasn't lightning fast and I didn't expect it to be. The minestrone (my LEAST favorite soup) was delicious, and my chicken lemon was absolutely to die for. My son ordered fetuccine alfredo and did everything but lick the plate. My daughter's and husband went with the ravioli and were absolutely oohing and ahhing with every bite. Even my oldest daughter who eats like a bird, cleaned her plate. All in all it was an absolutely delightful experience and I can't understand the negative reviews I've seen on here. If you're looking for "Olive Garden" style food, then stay home and go to the Olive Garden.

1  Thank Hk T
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food at a great value! Just try it. You will not be disappointed! You get so much food with your main dish...soup, salad, sherbert all at a great price.

1  Thank tmwedel