“Awesome - homemade Italian in the heart of the Dells!”

R Place Italian Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 192 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned casual, fine dining Italian-American restaurant. Our meals are four course, which includes homemade minestrone soup, tossed salad with Italian dressing, your entree and rainbow sherbet. Please plan on a leisurely dinner, as all entrees are made to order. They may take a bit more time, but we are told that they are worth the wait!
Reviewed September 17, 2012

6 of my friends and I were on a girls weekend during the Wo Zha Wa festival in Wisconsin Dells last weekend and had one of the best Italian meals we have ever had at R Place. From the wonderful homemade minestrone soup, to the fresh, warm crusty bread to the "out of this world" dishes, to the scrumptious sherbet, the meal was perfect. My favorite was the Chicken Diavolo, which I didn't order, but my friend did and let me share. The servers and owners were so friendly. We felt like family by the time we left. I'm so glad our Dells Boat Tour attendant, Katie recommended this hidden gem to us. We will definitely be back on our next visit! Thank you!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I saw this restaurant on our way into the Dells. It said Authentic Italian, and it was! Great food. The soup, the veal picante, the pasta, all delicious. I told them, people should be standing in line. Definitely on our list to revisit. The price was 1/2 of what other places in the Dells charge. The quality was unbelievable.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We decided to try R place versus the big fancy Italian place across the street and were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was warm and cozy and family friendly. Unlimited bread soup and salad and sherbet are included with your meal. My only disappointment was the shrimp I got with my pasta - it tasted blah. My husband got the veal and kids got spaghetti and it was excellent. I would recommend this place good food for the money.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I enjoyed the soup and bread. It was delicous, and the server brought a small crock of extra soup to the table when she brought the two bowls. The salad was okay. Unfortunately the main meals were horrible. I had the chicken alfredo. It was watery and just bland. My husband had the shrimp alfredo and his was worse. I ate the chicken part of mine. It was better than the noodles and sauce. My husband's shrimp was awful. The ice cream was good. Disappointed that I picked this for our dinner away from the kids. I will say prices were very reasonable. If the food had been better I would have easily given it a four or even five.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My mother and I stumbled upon this place during our final visit to the now closed Wonder Spot. It is a small and dark place, very old school. But we found it to be quite cozy and it had a real intimate feeling to it. All of the servers I've ever had here have been great. Their food is delicious and homemade and their cocktails are strong! All in all a fabulous Italian restaurant that needs to be given much more credit!