“Mac and Cheese Fun!!”

Dining options: Takeout
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Mac and Cheese Fun!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Mac and Cheese has grown up!! Great, friendly service. Lots of fun choices and all pipping hot in a cool little cast iron skillet. Kids loved their choices and I had the loaded baked potato Mac and cheese. Hubby had grilled cheese on thick Texas toast. Very yummy and a GREAT year round addition to the downtown Dells area.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Concept, Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stopped by Mac's for a lunch when in town for the day on a word-of-mouth recommendation. We couldn't have been more impressed- the food was fantastic and the concept was a VERY REFRESHING new change to traditional lunch/dinner. Because there is no "sampler" (our only complaint), we decided to order three small dishes of different Mac and Cheeses. All three were ample portions (for "smalls" and each had it's own unique flavor and plenty of cheese/meats/extras. Even the decor somehow works to make this a must go for anyone who digs "gourmet" Mac and Cheese dishes. We LOVED it!

• Visited November 2013
Perry, Iowa
“Well worth the visit”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

First off the service at the counter was exceptionally friendly and informational. My young teenage daughters even commented on how nice they were.
We had the regular Mac and cheese, Bacon ranch and chicken and the chili Mac, all were wonderful with the right amount of creamy cheese.
Would definitely recommend a visit.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice addition to downtown”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Good food and great vibe. This is a nice addition to interesting food selections downtown. Very comfortable food in a comfortable setting.

Visited August 2013
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Impressive restaurant!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Macs is located on the main street in downtown Wisconsin Dells. It’s very clean, and the décor is really fun to study, with an industrial yet warm feeling. The tasteful recessed lighting shows off the art and brick on the walls. You place your order at the counter, pay, and they bring out food surprisingly quickly. The theme is a decadent, high quality version of macaroni and cheese, with other ingredients mixed in or layered on top. They currently have 12 choices, plus a feature of the week. They also offer 4 melt sandwiches, which come with pickles and chips. In addition, there are over-the-top desserts to choose from, like seasonal cheesecakes, etc. We ordered the featured Beef Stroganoff mac and cheese, (the larger size; most selections come in two sizes), and the Chicken Bacon Ranch Melt sandwich. The stroganoff was full of creamy macaroni and cheese and tender beef, and came topped with some crunchy yumminess and caramelized onions, a dollop of sour cream, and two small pieces of toasted bread. It was heavenly, and I almost wanted to switch meals with my husband, but then I tried my melt sandwich, and was equally impressed. Thick crispy bread, buttered and grilled, filled with flavorful chicken, bacon, ranch dressing, and of course, cheese. Our total bill was under $20.00. The employees are quick to greet you as you walk in the door, and the manager, Jackie, was very friendly and exuberant about the restaurant. I have a dilemma; next time I go, should I get the same thing, as I know I love it, or do I try something else? Either way, I am convinced it is a win/win situation.

• Visited November 2013