“Best pizza in town”
Review of Chi-Town Pizza - CLOSED

Chi-Town Pizza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: CHI-TOWN PIZZA is NOW OPEN! Specializing in take-out and delivery of Authentic, Homemade, Handmade, Old World Recipes... Made fresh daily... In house. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, desserts and pizza by the slice. Ask about our daily specials and if you don't see it on the menu... Please ask. Open late night during select hours. Located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells on Broadway. Play Ms. Pac Man and other retro games while you wait for your made from scratch pizza.
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure about the bad reviews but I can tell you from my own experiences that this place rocks. It's a little bit pricey but the pizza is really good and it's really filling. When I was having car trouble the owner personally delivered my pizza.

There are newer reviews for Chi-Town Pizza

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I will try to be as fair as possible in giving this review. I have lived on the North side of Chicago for over 40 years and grew up with an awesome Chicago Neighborhood pizzeria right on the corner. I come from a family of Pizzaholics and our favorites incude: Lou Malnati's, Giordano's, La Villa Restaurant, Coal Fire, Pequod's, Pizzeria Due, and Pat's Pizza to name a few. (all good place to visit if you are in the Chi.) I would not normally hold this place to a Chicago standard but since it is called "Chi-Town Pizza", I will. OK back to the task at hand. We sought this place out because of the reviews on TA, and I have to say we had mixed feelings with the experience:

Walked in with family on a Sunday and the was handed a small menu. Orders are taken at the counter and brought out to the tables. The place has kind of a fast food feel. The menu price I was charged for my Large sausage "deep dish" pie was higher than the menu, so I asked for an itemized receipt to make sure I wasn't being overcharged. I was then told that the menu prices were the old prices and they had gone up. Then the cashier asked me "do you want it or not?", and I said "what I don't want is the attitude", and then she seemed to be a little diffused. We proceeded to fill our own drinks at the soda fountain and then I took my kid to the restroom while we waited. in route we noticed the someone yelling and a feeling of angst throughout the place. Make no mistake Chicago is full of Pizzerias with loud yelling but it just doesn't fit in the Dells. OK vibe aside, here is what I made of the pizza.

Our large "deep Dish" sausage was brought out and I had asked "Is this the deep dish?", yes it was. It is 1/2 the depth/weight of a typical Chicago deep dish(Giordanno's). The crust is firm and not buttery and reminded me of Home run Inn in Chicago. The sauce was over seasoned for my taste and could use roma tomato chunks on the stuffed. The cheese was of very high quality but there just wasn't enough. The sausage was pretty good. We typically stay clear of sausage outside of Chicago because it is really hard to find a good Italian sausage in many states. The thin crust pizza actually looked a lot better than the deep dish which needs work. As a whole it was good but not worthy of comparison to the Chicago greats.

I summary, here are the category ratings:

Service: 2 stars
Atmosphere: 2 stars
Food: 3 stars

Would we return? We would like to try the thin crust, so maybe we will stop in next year but I hope the vibe is improved. I also noticed that the owner replies to reviews with tongue lashings. This does not help things. I would just like to say that this review is an honest snapshot of what we experienced on one day. The pizza here is probably the best in the Dells.

4  Thank Jimmidor
tonyvpizza, Owner at Chi-Town Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

The menu was misprinted and you were told the right price before you ordered..
love how you tried to make that an issue,
2nd Your list of picks for pizza in Chicago reads like a bad toursist trap info book.

Here are my pizza picks in Chicago.
Nancy's Superrosa Inventors of the stuffed pie
Dino's on Higgins
la villa on Pulaski
Dino and Nicks
Poretta's on central
Johns on Harlem
Giordonos for stuffed...

My stuffed pizza is brushed with a homemade garlic sauce I believe you did not even try my stuffed pie,
love that trip advisor made food critics out of average JOE'S...Hate to see what you do for a living, and I can pass judgement on you and your perfect self.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Those expecting good, Chicago pizza won't be disappointed! By far, best pizza in the Dells area! ! Sauce was well seasoned and all the toppings were fresh. We had the thin crust and it was to our table in 15 min. With hungry kids waiting this made the experience even more enjoyable! Owner came out and checked on us twice. All the staff was friendly. Location right on the downtown strip is great... and they are working on a sign and liquor license. ... so only getting better. This will be a stop when we are in the Dells.

3  Thank ParrotHead4
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Great pizza in the Dells. Owner is very friendly and service is fast. The extra large feed my family of 6

3  Thank John K
Reviewed July 13, 2014

As I've reviewed Chi-town a few times now it's clear that I love the food. As My great grandparents were from the old country and my grandparents and parents were from Chicago. I know great Italian food! The pizza is awesome and I wish we had a place here in DeKalb IL that was half as good. All we have is the corporate garbage and some college type places that serve okay pies, but it's not always about fresh ingredients sadly.

A few weeks ago I tried an Italian beef sandwich. It took me back to the days of my grandmother standing in her kitchen serving up home made sandwiches! The roll is spot on, the seasoning and how the beef is cooked is perfect and the beef is thinly sliced and not fatty. Add the sweet peppers and it's perfection! When I left the Dells today I had to stop in and order 4 of these baby's to go lol. So now I'm importing Italian Beefs back to DeKalb IL lol.

These guys are new to the game in the Wisconsin Dells food market. Why I think they are a perfect fit is that the Wisconsin Dells has often been called “Chicago lands playground” Many of us growing up in Chicago or IL were taken to the Dells often for a mini vacation or like my family stayed a few times each season.

Each season many places come and go and I hope this place can become a staple in the food community. The love and passion can be tasted in every bite.

Licking fingers