“One of the best pizzas ever”
Review of Chi-Town Pizza - CLOSED

Chi-Town Pizza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: CHI-TOWN PIZZA is NOW OPEN! Specializing in take-out and delivery of Authentic, Homemade, Handmade, Old World Recipes... Made fresh daily... In house. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, desserts and pizza by the slice. Ask about our daily specials and if you don't see it on the menu... Please ask. Open late night during select hours. Located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells on Broadway. Play Ms. Pac Man and other retro games while you wait for your made from scratch pizza.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“One of the best pizzas ever”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We called Chi-Town pizza on a Friday afternoon to place an order for delivery. I was a bit leery of the place due to some of the reviews of the owner being rude. Unfortunately, my first call was met with that rudeness. We called about 2:30 and indicated we would like to place an order for delivery. He yelled twice that he couldn't hear me, then said that I would have to call back in an hour when the delivery drivers came in. (The website indicated that the business was open at 11 a.m. and did not state anything about delivery being available only after a specific time. If this is indeed the case, they need to add this to their website information). We were a bit put off that instead of taking our order at that time and then delivering it as soon as possible, the owner instead chose to basically turn us away.

We decided we would make one more call at 3:30 and the owner again answered the phone. His manner was entirely different for this call and was quite friendly. We ordered a pepperoni stuffed pizza, a supreme pizza, bread sticks, garlic bread, lemon cake and turtle cheesecake. He seemed a bit befuddled as to the payment process, and later said that his daughter normally handles this duty. I asked several times if he wanted the credit card information now or when the food was delivered, but he finally figured out how to process the payment.

The food was delivered to our hotel aproximately an hour later. The young man who delivered it was extremely friendly and professional. He represented the business very very well, and told us it would be the best food we ever had.

The stuffed pepperoni pizza was very good, just as good as any deep dish we had in Chicago or St. Louis. The supreme thin crust was also very good, with big strips of roasted red and green peppers, very good sausage, and other toppings. We were disappointed in the garlic bread for the price we paid and received only two pieces. However, the breadsticks alone would bring me back to this place. We have never had breadsticks so delicious, and it was a generous portion.

We were a bit disappointed in the lemon cake, but the turtle cheesecake was good.

We would definitely go back to this restaurant for either delivery or eat in. However it does appear that the owner needs to realize that he needs to offer consistent professional and friendly service on each and every transaction, every phone call, every contact.

2 Thank mitchamtoo

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best outside of Chicago”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I've had some good cannoli's and to be honest these are the best in Wisconsin and don't get me started on the pizza the meat lovers is stacked with toppings keep up the good work next time we come up this is the only place we are going

1 Thank juanmsanchez1
Marshalltown, Iowa
“New location but still the same great pizza”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had read the many reviews for Chi-Town Pizza before we went to the Dells so I knew we had to try it. The first time we tried to eat there we found their old location on Oak Street was closed with a sign saying they'd moved to a new location right around the corner on the main street. When we got there, it too was closed. This was the Tuesday after Memorial Day and things weren't nearly as crowded as it was on Monday. So we assumed they had taken the day off to rest and recuperate from the holiday weekend. Sure enough, when we returned on Friday to eat lunch they were open and we heard their story of working 20 hour days in order to accomplish the move to the new site in only 4 days. We found the owners to be friendly and intimately involved with the restaurant and their guests. Both took the time to see how we liked our thin crust Supreme pizza and stayed to chat a while as well. The pizza WAS one of the best I have ever eaten. Yes, it's a little greasy but that's what makes it taste so good, right? We ordered a large one and only ate half of it at the table. The other half provided 2 meals for us to savor later that day and on Saturday too. We would heartily recommend Chi-Town Pizza to anyone who's in the Dells area. Oh, they are Bears fans so you'll have to endure that indiscretion! LOL

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank kpsiemsen
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“The best pizza ever. No seriously. ”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I found chi-town little bit after they first opened. They since have moved to a bigger more cozy store front. The pizza is still just as amazing. I came for 3 day vacation in wis dells and ate here everyday. The last day I got a XL pizza to take back with me. The owner recognized me each visit and chatted with me before I left to head back home. He is very down to earth and very kind. I love his shop because it is handmade and everything is made from scratch. He makes his pizza sauce, dough, etc. His passion for his food is very apparent when you eat it. I live in green bay, wi and I have debated driving 2.5 hrs just to get pizza. I can say with confidence you'll love his food and will appreciate the price for what you get.

1 Thank Jeepfrk_cj
Belvidere, Illinois
“Damn Tony...”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Me and my friend were looking for a place to eat and we came upon chi town. We were greeted by a friendly man (Tony) who recommended the right pizza size for us. As we waited he came over and we all engaged in a good conversation. The breadsticks and pizza came out quickly and they were one of, if not, the best i have ever had. So the food, price, overall atmosphere, and experience was amazing. I highly recommend