“Delcious!!!!!!!”

Sarento's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sarento's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 192 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 12
Description: From the moment you enter Sarento's, you will experience unique & enjoyable dining in an authentic Italian setting. Our chefs prepare Italian specialties featuring delicious pastas, veal, chicken, seafood, steaks, pizza, salads, & home-made desserts. Come & relax in a casual atmosphere surrounded by attentive servers.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had the BEST Italian meal..such a fun place... felt very romantic yet could still be family/child friendly.
The service was wonderful.. we truly had the best experience.
The pasta was one of the best dishes I have ever tried.
We dined one night at the restaurant and ordered in one night later in the week.
This is by far our favorite place at the dells.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is by far the best you are going to get in town.. I ate here twice on my last visit. You must try the chicken Parmesan OR their pizza. If you enjoy Italian reds.. they have a great selection as well.
We were very pleased with the service both nights.. on the weekend night it was definitely busies and nosier.. they had live music. The performer was great! It was a special treat especially since we had just been in there a few days before.
Their desserts are heavenly! I know you will be full but trust me save room!

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on a Saturday night no reservations table off two seated immediately. Several huge tables right next to us were loud but service excellent and drinks were great. Ordered half order of cheesey garlic bread, two slices. House salad, meh. Hubby ordered special Seafood Cannelloni, crab, shrimp and scallops in a crepe with a rich cream wine sauce, he said was amazing. I ordered Tagliatelle Bolognese, fettucine noodles with small pieces of meat in a cream sauce. Just okay. I was disappointed wewere seated in an area of 20+ family tables when we were a table if two. It was was so loud. I have eaten here before, seated in bar area, totally different atmosphere.oh well. Service was top notch.

Nancy H, Manager at Sarento's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Hi Bella,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Sarento's as well as for your continued support of the restaurant.

I apologize that the environment around you was noisy.. I will speak to our hostess team and let them know that in the future to take family seating and intimate dining placement into consideration.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Me and my friends went to Sarento`s for a dinner.Everything started out well,we got breadsticks and water,so far so good.Main server was kinda weird,all other staff was fine.Food was good,even though it was not mentioned in the menu that the food I ordered comes with noodles and creamy sauce.Nothing was really exquisite,for the price I paid expected way better food,I have had better Italian food in cheaper restaurants.The only thing that really bothered me was the server,I wanted to try a dessert,and when she came up to the table,she did not even said if anybody would like anything else.She was so worried how we want our checks,separate or together.When I realised that she is gonna bring the check,I told the other server to let her know we wanted a dessert.She came up to the table saying "Oh,somebody wanted a dessert ?!?Ok,we got the desserts,and we havent even started with desserts when she brought the checks.And then in the middle of eating,she rushed to get the checks and take care of the payments.Umm,cant you just wait until we get done with the dessert,or you wanted to be done as soon as possible?Sorry,but I had to tip her less than planned.I work in fine-dining restaurant,and never rushed my guests to be done so I can leave early. Poor,poor,poor...I dont think I will go there ever again.Way more other cheaper and better options in Dells area.

1  Thank Nat5688

Hi Nat,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sarento's as well as dine at our restaurant. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the server tending to your party on your last visit. The level of service you received is not satisfactory and I will make sure the situation is addressed.

If you wouldn't mind.. could you message me the date you were in the restaurant. Also, on your receipt it should state the servers name if you happen to still have it or remember their name off hand.

All feedback including constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. It helps us run and manage the restaurant to our great customer's expectations.

I hope you do decide to give us a 2nd chance in the future. If you do, please give me a heads up so I can make sure we take great care of you :)
Again, my apologies and I will look into this situation.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells. Sarento's is advertised all over the resort, so we decided to give it a shot. Never again. Before we went, I tried to look at their menu online. They have a "Pizzeria" Menu, and when I clicked on that it gave me the drinks menu. That should have been a sign!
We got there, and it was not very busy and we went at dinner time (another sign!) We were seated right away by one of the 4 hostesses (overkill!) Shortly after we sat down, someone brought us bread sticks, and just walked away, no greeting, didn't take a drink order, nothing. Weird. About 15 minutes later, we still hadn't seen our server, when we overheard the table next to us complain that they hadn't seen their server yet, either. There are a ridiculous number of "servers" here, so I don't know what the deal was. 5 minutes later, still no one, so my husband informed another server that we hadn't been waited on yet. She rudely said she'll find her. Within 60 seconds, our server was at our table and apologized for the wait. I kept my cool, but this was not a good way to start my meal.
The food. The bread sticks they brought were quickly devoured, and I think that may be why I thought they tasted so good. They did seem like they were frozen and just thrown in the oven. The salads were simple and good. My daughter ordered the cheese pizza and really enjoyed it. My husband ordered the lasagna, and is easy to please, so ate most of that. I decided to be adventurous and try the Clams and Linguini. That was not a good idea. The noodles and sauce were very tasty, then I tried a piece of clam. I honestly have never eaten clam in a restaurant before, so maybe I would have expected what happened, but I did not. When biting into the clam, it was covered in SAND! Um, gross. I understand clams may be difficult to clean, but I swear no effort was made to remove the sand from any of the pieces in my pasta. Even the teeny tiniest bit of clam had sand in it, and this completely ruined the meal for me. I tried to steer clear of the meat, but it was not easy, so I basically ate sandy noodles. I still can't get over it. Ick.
Our server didn't get any better. In all honesty, we rarely saw her. We had a different server bring us our salad, a different server bring us our entrees, and a different server ask us if we wanted to go boxes and dessert. ??? Seriously, hire good help and you won't need to hire so many of them. I decided to order the hazelnut cake to go. The presentation was fancy, but the taste was boring.
Then we got our check. We knew this wasn't going to be a cheap meal, but it was over $80! What?!?! My husband quickly realized they added extra entrees to our check. It took several minutes for our server to come get the check, and my absolute biggest pet peeve when eating in a restaurant is when the server asks me if I need change - assuming they get to keep whatever cash is left over. That was what she said as she grabbed the bill. No. Instant decrease in your tip darling. When my husband interrupted her to tell her the bill was wrong, she was surprised, but took it and corrected it.
Like other reviewers have mentioned, the prices of this restaurant don't reflect the service or quality of food. I do not recommend this place at all, unless you like terrible service and horrible food!!!