“The Best BURGER and Have to have a Purple Monkey”
Review of Monk's Bar & Grill

Monk's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Monk's Bar & Grill has been known throughout the Midwest as THE place to go for a great burger and friendly service, since 1947! Here at Monk's we are committed to delivering exceptional food, beverages and service efficiently in a clean, friendly, sports-oriented atmosphere every minute of every day. We serve our fresh, home-style burgers in a clean, family-fun filled sports atmosphere. The Original! Where our famous burgers began, Monk's Downtown Dells has made Monk's a Dells tradition for more than 65 years! The historical value of the building plays a key part in making every dining experience memorable. Open daily at 11am, we offer our full menu until midnight, but the party continues until bar time every night! One of the oldest restaurants in the Dells area, Monk's tradition of great service from some of the friendliest staff in the area is what has kept business booming for over 60 years!
Naperville, Illinois
“The Best BURGER and Have to have a Purple Monkey”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

You cant go to the Dells without stopping at Monks for a Burger and their famount purple monkey. The burgers are the best I have ever had. I live in the chicago area, one Saturday a friend and I had drove to the Dells just to get a Monk Burger. We stayed for about 2 hours then drove back home. I have never had a burger that compares to Monk;s.

st paul MN
“Hire some help!”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

How long are you willing to wait for a beer? Tons of places to go, and lucky you there are just steps away.

2 Thank who16
Hartford, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Ducks”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Went to this restuarant on the recommendation of my dining companion. First time trying it. We ordered Buffalo chicken wings, burgers, and sodas. The food came out in a timely manner, the service was pretty good, the server was friendly and relatively responsive. Wings were pretty good, nice and hot without being overpowering. The burgers were not so great. We both ordered them medium. We both got ours not only well done but over done. They were very dry. I had ordered pickles on the side and asked for a few extra pickles as well. I thought this was a fair trade for no lettuce and tomato on the burger. Server forgot pickles entirely and had to ask for them again. All of this would be ok and would normally see me give a standard 3 'star' review. Except for the ducks. We ate on the patio which was beautiful and right next to a pond. Where a family of about 5 - 7 ducks lived. Who came on the patio. And pooped on the patio. When walking into the restuarant to use the restrooms and to leave you had to watch your step VERY carefully. Not in my mind a great dining experience and dropped my review a whole 'star'.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Was ok”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stopped here late at night to get a quick bite and a couple of beers. The place is very small, so you may not like it if you don't like tight spaces. The food was basic bar food and the service was okay.

chicago burbs
“BEST BURGERS & SERVICE TOO”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Our family of 4 walked into to a busy bar type atmosphere and found a booth right away in the back. Our waiter promptly served our drinks & food and was very attentive throughout our dining experience. We loved: burger, cheese fries and the Cuban Sandwich. It just may be the best burger that I ever had!! My daughter liked her chicken fingers and fries. The cheese curds & buffalo wings were fine. We liked that the wings were a dry rub. The atmosphere had a sport theme & the bar was pretty hoppin' at 9:30 on a Friday night. I had an excellent Bloody Mary ($6 w/ a shot of beer). I will definetely come back again for a burger & hope that we get the same attentive and friendly service every time! This is on the "strip" just a few doors down from High Rock Cafe.

Been to Monk's Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!