“Best Burger in the Dells” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monk's Bar & Grill

Monk's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Monk's Bar & Grill has been known throughout the Midwest as THE place to go for a great burger and friendly service, since 1947! Here at Monk's we are committed to delivering exceptional food, beverages and service efficiently in a clean, friendly, sports-oriented atmosphere every minute of every day. We serve our fresh, home-style burgers in a clean, family-fun filled sports atmosphere. The Original! Where our famous burgers began, Monk's Downtown Dells has made Monk's a Dells tradition for more than 65 years! The historical value of the building plays a key part in making every dining experience memorable. Open daily at 11am, we offer our full menu until midnight, but the party continues until bar time every night! One of the oldest restaurants in the Dells area, Monk's tradition of great service from some of the friendliest staff in the area is what has kept business booming for over 60 years!
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Burger in the Dells”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stopped here after a recommendation from friends, and we were not disappointed! The burger was one of the best I've tasted, juicy and the perfect size. I had cheddar cheese on mine and that was tasty as well. We split a basket of fries and it was more than enough for two. The burgers might be a tad overpriced but I think it's just because of the location. Service was great and the bar wasn't smoky like I was expecting. We will definitely go here again!

1 Thank kelbunny

Fitzroy, Australia
“The best burgers around!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

Monk's has the best burgers, no question. We had a friendly, cute and knowledgable waitress. The food was great and priced just right!! I will stop here on every visit.

1 Thank Denverbv
Sioux Falls
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

Great burgers for my party of 6 and I had a black bean burger that was great! Great greasy fix for a night out on the town! The only thing was my tropical monkito was too sweet so that was not somthing I would suggest.

1 Thank BravoBella
Chicago, Illinois
“Horribly overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

We really had no issues with Monk's except that a Philly Cheesesteak, two kids meals, and a chicken strip appetizer should not cost 60 dollars, especially when the macaroni and cheese comes in a styrofoam bowl, and the adult meals come in paper containers. I'm not cheap, but ballgame quality food should not command premium prices. Now I should point out that my wife and I each had a cocktail but it was still way too pricey for bar food.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quite possibly the best burger I've ever had...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

Stopped in after deciding that the other top rated places in the area were too fancy and didn't have a burger on the menu for my youngster. Very relaxed atomosphere with friendly staff. We had the monster burger, a plain cheeseburger (w/fried onions), and a kid's meal. All were excellent! This is the only place I would stop from now on! The kids meal even comes on a frisbee that you get to keep!

1 Thank monkeygirl7