“Best burger from Michigan to Wisconsin”
Review of Monk's Bar & Grill

Monk's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Monk's Bar & Grill has been known throughout the Midwest as THE place to go for a great burger and friendly service, since 1947! Here at Monk's we are committed to delivering exceptional food, beverages and service efficiently in a clean, friendly, sports-oriented atmosphere every minute of every day. We serve our fresh, home-style burgers in a clean, family-fun filled sports atmosphere. The Original! Where our famous burgers began, Monk's Downtown Dells has made Monk's a Dells tradition for more than 65 years! The historical value of the building plays a key part in making every dining experience memorable. Open daily at 11am, we offer our full menu until midnight, but the party continues until bar time every night! One of the oldest restaurants in the Dells area, Monk's tradition of great service from some of the friendliest staff in the area is what has kept business booming for over 60 years!
Holland, Michigan
“Best burger from Michigan to Wisconsin”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stopped in to have a burger and an order of cheese curds. (never had cheese curds) What we found was the best burger we have ever had. I had the bacon cheese burger and the rest of the family had the 3/4 monster burger. Not a single person was disappointed. This is a must. Not sure how the Monks is out of town but the Monks downtown is going to be hard to beat in my opinion.

• Visited March 2014

Shawano, Wisconsin
“Grease. Lingering stomach issues.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here while on a trip to the Dells. The service was very good, no complaints in that department. We were greeted at the door, the waitress was very nice, food came out quickly. It was good but it was quite greasy. A few hours after I ate there, I had some tremendous stomach issues. I will spare the details, just know it was not pleasant. And it's lingered for the last 6 days. I am not sure if something was undercooked, or if there was too much grease, but I was fine until I ate there. You can draw your own conclusions.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Bonbon282
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“OK!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Everyone seems to love Monk's food. I and my husband weren't that impressed. We enjoy Culver's and fast food Sonic burgers more. They taste like the great buttery burgers of yore.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank KATHEE F
Hill City, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but not as advertised”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I ordered a taco salad. The description indicated "a bed of mixed greens". It was served on ice berg lettuce, a tablespoon of pico de gallo was $0.50 and they don't have hot sauce.

Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Good food”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The food was very good but they'll get you with their drinks! The food wasn't very expensive but the drinks.......more than doubled our bill! They also had a lot of televisions in there all on different sporting events including the Winter Olympics.

Visited February 2014

Been to Monk's Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!