“This restaurant had me speechless .... Until the potato ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Alamo Smokehouse - CLOSED

Alamo Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: ‘Friendship’ is the Texas state motto and C.C. Alamo Smokehouse is dedicated to staying true to their exceptional service standards, food and beverage quality while treating all customers as family from beginning to end.Our menu offers as variety of smoked meats, pastas, fresh salads, mouthwatering appetizers, flavorful burgers and sandwiches, plus a great kid's meal! Join us as we bring a taste of Texas to you!
Monticello, Wisconsin
“This restaurant had me speechless .... Until the potato ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family was in town this weekend and had researched this restaurant prior to our arrival. We were very excited to go there. Ambiance is TOP NOTCH. I instantly loved the decor and the atmosphere in general. Our service was so-so from the start but we got our meal and we were looking forward to diving in. Both my hubby and I tried the 2 meat combo and then we had our son as well. The pulled pork is FANTASTIC and the chicken was very good as well. I also had a salad (yummy) and a baked potato. I started to dig into the potato only to find that it was evidently partially rotten. I double checked my thoughts with my hubby and both agreed that it shouldn't be eaten. When the waitress finally came back to see how our dinner was, I pointed out the potato and she was very apologetic and offered to get me a new one. Ugh no thanks, something else please add potatoes didn't really appeal anymore. The manager (I'm assuming)also checked in and I told him the same thing about the potato. He also apologized and took said potato of my plate. Dinner went on (although not as excitedly as before). The server never came back to see if we wanted anything more (could have used another drink or two or maybe a dessert). We finally got out bill and see that they didn't reflect the rotten potato at all on the bill (and no, I certainly didn't expect a free meal but how about a couple bucks or even offer a free dessert?). Nothing. So we had a $59 bill to pay and had a WI Dells gift card to use. We were told the manager had to run that "in the back" do it would be a couple of mins (did I mention that our 2.5 year old AND 8 month old were very obviously melting down at this point? My hubby filled out a comment card and even left his cell number and nothing. This was our first trip there and sadly next time you are in the area and looking for some bbq we will probably go to Famous Dave's...

• Visited November 2013
MonksBar, Public Relations Manager at Alamo Smokehouse, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback of Alamo Smokehouse. I apologize for not meeting your expectations of food and service quality, especially being first time customers and very excited about your dinner with us. Please accept our apologies about your potato, it should have been checked better and we're glad you brought it to our immediate attention while dining with us. We also would like to take the time to thank you for your understanding of the situation and the extended time you waited while we ran the Wisconsin Dells Area Gift Card in our back office. We would like to hear more about your experience; Alamo Smokehouse appreciates honest feedback from its customers. If you wouldn't mind sending an e-mail about your less than satisfying experience to info@dellsalamo.com, our owner would be more than happy to speak with you. Thank you, again, for your feedback on our menu and service quality. (please disregard the MonksBar display name, as all pages are monitored and managed through the same Communications Director)

Edgerton, Wisconsin
“Good food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stopped at this restaurant expecting to find the Pedro's Mexican restaurant that this place once was. After doing a bit of looking on the internet about this place, we decided to try it. We weren't sure if they were even open as there were hardly any cars in the lot, considering that it was lunch time on a Sunday. We were immediately greeted and seated. The menu has a lot to offer and our meals were really good. We were surprised that there were so few people there. Hopefully it's because they're new and people don't know about them yet?

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank paulbahr
Greenville, Wisconsin
“Love the Ribs!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My family and I have an annual trip to the Dells every year. This year we noticed a new restaurant called Alamo Steakhouse. We went in at an off time (which we always try to do) so it wasn't too full. The service was very prompt and polite. My wife and I both ordered the ribs. They came out fast, and were excellent. My favorite ribs by far. Now when we are any where near the Dells we go out of our way to get there again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank theriekkis
Ellsworth, WI
“Had a great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Came in late on a friday night. Food was really great. Service was fast and friendly. Loved how the place was decorated. Great barbeque.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DougLucht
Reedsburg, Wisconsin, United States
“Much Better Than Pedros”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I remember when it was Pedros Mexican Restaurant. It looks kinda similar just with a wild west theme. Great choice of food and very well made. Price is decent for being in a tourist town. Excellent servers. Overall a very good place to eat. I will be going there again.

• Visited October 2013