“A must see part of the Dells!”
Review of Witches Gulch

Witches Gulch
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very neat part of the dells that everyone should see. Great history "lesson" in how it was discovered

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have been coming to the Dells my whole life. I know where Witches Gultch is located at on the river but I had no clue this existed. We did the walking tour since we have our own boat and have done other boat tours in the past. It was a bit hard to find, the only sign is on the fence area on the way in. I thought paying to walk through nature was crazy, but it's $3 and when you think about the rest of money you spend in the Dells, it's not that bad. The views are amazing and I plan on coming back again. I need to show the rest of my family what we've been missing for all these years.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

A good deal in the Dells. For $3 enjoy a short stroll through this narrow canyon. Not as long or large as I was hoping, but beautiful nonetheless. Also has a 1950's vibe, with the mom and pop concession stand and brown/yellow signs with names of the natural formations. Recommend going early or towards the end of day (not open at night) outside peak times when large boat tours dock and the hoards swamp the narrow boardwalk looking to buy an ice cream.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Witches Gulch was one of the stops along our upper Dells boat tour. It can also be reached by road by taking Hwy. 13 North out of town (just past downtown), driving for a couple miles and then turning West onto Golden Ave. and then North again onto River Rd. It is a short distance up the road and the entrance will be on the left.

Witches Gulch is a steep and narrow gully in which a stream leads out to the Wisconsin River. It is probably the most scenic location I visited during our week long trip to the dells. It, along with Stand Rock (also visited during the upper dells boat tour) are among the two most historical locations that led to the current Dells tourist boom. You will see why when you visit, it truly is spectacular.

1  Thank deepbluetraveler
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a self guided tour. It would realistically take you between 20 min and an hour depending on how long you look around and probably take pictures. It is a winding bridge that overlooks cool rock formations and a little creek. My only 2 complaints would be its difficult to get to and they only accept cash fyi, and second they have a tour that will more than likely come in to the dock side and it will be a big traffic jam on the walk way for a couple minutes. Other than that it is a great value and well worth the $3 admission they charge. Just remember bring cash!!!

1  Thank Martin S