“Always delicious”

Original Wisconsin Dells Fudge
Ranked #11 of 17 Shopping in Wisconsin Dells
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dells first fudge shop, open since 1962.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is the original shop where we have been getting a chunk of fudge since I was a little girl. They make it fresh on site and it is smooth and creamy. They are all priced about the same. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The fudge here is delicious! Numerous kinds to choose from. The staff always seems friendly as well.

1  Thank J P
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We crossed the street after going to Wizard Quest to pick up some famous Dells fudge.

We entered and the person at the counter was chatting with a friend. I felt like we were intruding on something. I asked questions about the different varieties and asked about several kinds. I then asked about a sample as I was obviously trying to choose between 3. No samples! She said that the sample size is the 1/2 lb. size and it was all prepackaged and $7.50 each.

We ended up getting 2 of the 1/2 prepackaged slabs, as well as 3 sticks of rock candy for <$20. While it's been many years since I've had Dells fudge, we did have some fudge on Mackinac Island last summer. I found that fudge to be fresher and more flavorful that the fudge we purchased at the Original Wisconsin Dells Fudge and was disappointed with our purchase. Part of me wonders if because we went in the winter, we did not receive fresh fudge.

The person at the counter was not friendly and welcoming and simply went through the motions. I was disappointed and will not be back on my future visits to the Dells.

2  Thank Mara D
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I give an average rating only because the fudge is delicious. The windows are always filled with flies both dead and alive because the place has an open air flair. I don't understand how that beats the food codes but it does. Prices are standard thru out the dells but high on average.