“Don't waste your money!”

Jeremy Allen's Grand Illusions
More attraction details
Owner description: Jeremy Allen's Grand Illusions Theater has several different styles of shows. The Elite VIP Magic Show, A Giant Stage Magic Show with and without Tigers.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The music is LOUD. My daughter was scared by the people in masks. The illusions were mediocre - I don't even follow magic/illusions and I could figure out almost every illusion.

The tigers are not active in the show - you just see them in a cage.

Jeremy's fake hair, cheesy smile, horrible acting, and lack of visible passion made me want to scream!

Don't waste your time - go mini golfing or get some ice cream instead - its a better investment of your money!

3 Thank Funwithmyfamily2005

Gurnee, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Yikes... save your money for Rick Wilcox”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went to Jeremy Allen yesterday and Rick Wilcox today; there was no comparison! The Jeremy Allen show was the same price ($29 for the cheapest seats... which appear to be old banquet room chairs from a 1980s dinner show), and the performance was a total joke. He performed about 10 tricks; at least 3 of them we could see his assistants under the curtains! As for the tigers, there were two in glass boxes. Before we bought tickets to this, my fiancée and I asked the ticket sales girl (who also happened to be one of his assistants) if the show actually included tigers. She enthusiastically replied, "There are 5!" Good one.

He lacks an understanding of what makes a good performance, his jokes are weirdly timed, and his haircut makes him look like one of the Monkees. He also charged people to meet him after the show. We obviously didn't stick around for that, but Rick and Susan Wilcox are out in the lobby meeting anyone who wants to meet them for free after each show. Overall, it felt like we were watching an amateur talent show in someone's garage. It makes me mad we gave him our money.

2 Thank Jamie C
Algona, Iowa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Need a negative 5 to rate this show”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

How can I explain this show? Let me start...awful, terrible, stinks, total waste of money. Got took in the shorts big time. What a waste of money and time. Makes me sick every time I think about it. DON'T GO!! Don't walk...RUN AWAY. We aslo went to the RICK WILCOX SHOW...AMAZING!!!!!!!

1 Thank Jorgy50
Delafield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total waste of money this buying is stealing people's money”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Come on Man did this show stink it was a horrible waste of money think twice before spending your money on this show, it was so easy to see how it was done I have seen better shows at my daughters girl scout playhouse
We paid a premium for front row seats and this guy starts doing tricks in the back of the small restaurant sized so called theater.
I am upset we paid $130 for my wife and I for this waste of time

1 Thank Mike S
Wisconsin
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Biggest Waste Of $ Spent At the Dells”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This show is simply a joke! The illusions are nothing spectacular at all and are done very POORLY. He does the so called illusions so slow even a child could pull them off. Tigers? What tigers? He brought out a baby one that he fed with a bottle for about 30 seconds and 2 illusions had tigers in glass sealed barred cages and they looked drugged. No threat of being attacked by a tiger that is for sure...don't know if this is because of his insurance or what, but don't advertise it as a tiger involved show then. Also, one of the illusions he goes under the stage and "appears" in the back of the tiny tiny theater....however, our seats were right next to the place where he came out of the stage...we could see him! Very very poorly done....extremely amateur...I have seen much better talent on "America's Got Talent". And to top it all off....it was so hard to try and get tickets in the first place because their answering machine does not give the time when their ticket office is open, nor is it listed on their door. Very poor customer service. We went to Rick Wilcox a few years ago....that was spectacular! Spend your money there...better and longer show that is for sure.

Visited June 2012