“Great Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 9, 2006

We checked Tripadvisor on line for several high rated locations in the Dells. We then took pot luck on vacancies when we got there. While the price was higher than we thought we'd spend, they had a room available. It was a great room and clean. The desk girls were very accomadating and friendly. Bed was comfortable and pillows were awsome cushy. Very pleased. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank CVP71
Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed September 5, 2006

Me and my wife stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn for Labor day weekend, 2006. Overall it was a pleasant experience. I booked my room at the last minute, but they didnt charge me an exorbitant rate. Check-in was quick and easy, and so was the check-out. The room was big and comfortable; nothing too fancy, but a typical Hilton room with all the required amenities. Staff was friendly and helpful as well.
One big plus of the hotel was its central location in the Dells area. It is located just a block away from Noah's ark; so u can come back immediately from the waterpark and change. Since it is centrally located, all attractions are just a short drive / walk away.
Highly recommended...

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jeetm
Reviewed August 7, 2006

We stayed the first weekend in August. I travelled with my husband, 6 year old and 6 month old.

The hotel was very clean and nicely appointed, and the staff at the desk were super friendly.

Cribs were a whopping $20 per nite, so we passed on that offer!

It's definitely geared towards adults since there is no water park on the grounds. I found this refreshing.

There is also a small business center with free printing and internet access.

There's a small game room that kids would surely enjoy.

It was nice and quiet and we had no problems at all. It's great to get out and enjoy all the noisy fun of the Dells, but then come back to a nice, quiet hotel.

Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank timidd
Reviewed August 3, 2006

I had reactivated my HH membership before arrival so that was taken care of upon check in and I got the points for our 3 night stay.

I was very pleased with the overall experience based on rates of other hotels in the area. And I sweet talked the front desk clerk into two golf passes although the 'code' I was booked under was strictly room only.

Quiet rooms and indoor pool area...never too crowded.

Room was clean but a maid was knocking on our door at 8:20 one morning and didn't wait for me to answer before opening. She apologized.

Loved the business center with a computer to access the internet and send/receive faxes for FREE. Learned to use it during the day though as kids were lined up to use it before they left for the parks.

Really disappointed with the buffet breakfast. $9.95 and the fresh fruit and juice bar buffet with cereal was aok. But the hot breakfast was a limited selection of scrambled eggs, with or without cheese and sausage in the mixture, and bacon on the side. Pancakes and french toast were available too. The hot portion of the brunch was taken and served by a wait staff person.

No hidden surprises...beware if using a debit card at check in there is an additional $25/day hold for extras and not released until 72 hours after check out. I used credit card to avoid this and then paid with debit card at check out with no problem. Their policy was well communicated at the check in desk.

Next door is the over rated famous Del Bar restaurant. More on that another time. You can also easily walk to a free beach at the Wilderness Lodge (2 blocks residential) and the Bartlett water show.

Great location too!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 1, 2006

I reserved a room using the web, assuming the rates would be fair. Upon check-in I was pleasently treated with offers to help me find places in town that might be of interest. I was told nothing about any specials, coupons, or even about their breakfast. I later learned it was not compliementary but cost $9.95................I don't know what I was expecting for $135.00 a night.
The first night was a typical night at a hotel. Returning to our room after a day of sightseeing.....ready for bed...only to descover....Hilton was conserving energy by not changing our sheets (hummmm....wonder what they did with my $135.00..?)
Ok....I can tollerate that...I'm tired.........going to bed about 10 pm....only to be awakened a few minutes by a very loud humming sound. it sounded like a washing machine in our wall. Ok...by midnight I could take no more of the noise........called the desk , only to find they had put me next door to a party room complete with a whirlpool jucuzzi.....along with drunken friends.

I was told by the night attendant that there was no time restrictions and that they could party all night if they chose to....
and that he had no other rooms to relocate me to.

Well, to make a long story short.......by 2:30 am the noise had stopped enough so I could sleep......(I just don't know what I was expecting for $135.00......and roon ..AND sleep!!!?)

If you choose the Hilton in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin...make sure you ask them to change your sheets....and make sure you aren't next to a party room (if you plan on getting any sleep)
All I could get out of the attendants the next morning was "I'm sorry"..................not a coupon for breakfast, not a discount on a future room.......
I would NOT recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. I felt I was treated very rudely
Gene Phipps ...Crystal Lake Illinois