“Comfortable - Nothing Fancy”

Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Was a nice, quiet and comfortable hotel. Nothing really fancy. Good location. Served to purpose well.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay in this classy motel. Very nicely decorated with a modern comfy feel. We got the hot tub suite and everything about the room was great. Comfy bed that was not too stiff nor too soft. They have a convenient bar in the lobby and the breakfast area was very nice. Motel is located in a great spot, right off the main strip but far enough away to keep you away from the noise and rat race. Would stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed in a King whirlpool suite with fireplace and balcony. The entire hotel was very clean and the employees were courteous. The bed was extremely comfortable. My only dislike was that it appeared as though the balcony had NEVER been swept or cleaned. The floor was dirty and had pine tree droppings all over. I'd recommend shoes if using the balcony. Everything else was great-including breakfast! A little pricey, but worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 1 night this past weekend. It was actually our 3rd stay there in the past 6 months. This hotel is immaculate! Complete with coffeemaker, fridge, and microwave. It was very quiet and had one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. The staff, as always, was very friendly. The breakfast area next to the lobby was very nice, clean, and the food was excellent. This is the ONLY place we will ever stay while in the Dells area. If you have kids and are looking for a hotel with a huge waterpark, this wouldn't be a good choice, but for adults it is wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Front desk was very rude when we walked in. I paid as much as everyone else to stay there. i felt that because I was not an older business person that I was wasting there time. Breakfast was ok but did not get what i ordered. Paid to get passes to a really crappy water park through the Hilton package. The walls were paper thin and could here what the neighbors were watching at all times. My boyfriend use to be chef for the Hilton and we have been to a lot and this was by far the worst I have ever stayed at. Next time I go to the dells I will be going camping or staying a motel where I know I am getting what I am paying for!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I chose this place because of the reviews that mentioned that it was clean. This place is immaculate. My son and I came to the Dells for one day and we did not want to pay the money for a waterpark that we wouldn't have a chance to use. This Hilton was absolutely wonderful. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and professional. We were very satisfied with the room - nicely laid-out, quiet, and very clean. I also want to mention that the bed was one of the most comfortable that I ever found in a hotel and I slept better than I ever do when travelling. This place is by far one of the best places that I have ever stayed at. We were 100% satisfied!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Mono852
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel. It's very typical of Hilton Garden Inn hotels as far as decor and service. We requested an early check-in and upon arriving at 1:30 p.m. for a 3:00 p.m. check-in, we were told our room was not ready. I found this odd as it was so soon to the official check-in but out the door we went to return later. Room was nice. The bed was very uncomfortable though for a Hilton hotel. It was so unsupportive, I felt like I was an inch off the floor. Comforter was very lumpy. Bathroom very small but clean and nicely appointed. Could do without Neutrogena products as there are better brands out there for hotel chains. Very small pool & hot tub area. Don't go here expecting to relax in the pool when hotel is fully booked. Restaurant is decent. We booked through Hilton's website and reserved the room/full breakfast rate. It was much better than trying to find somewhere in the Dells to eat breakfast which appeared to be only the local Denny's which I can only imagine how busy that place is! Staff was pleasant although a couple of the waitresses in the restaurant were bickering about something or another. I could tell the more seasoned waitress tried to tell them to tone it down so we personally handed her a tip because she was considerate and really a hard worker. I would stay here again if the rate is just as good and other hotels are booked.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple