“Great Place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Romeoville
“Great Place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I chose this place because of the reviews that mentioned that it was clean. This place is immaculate. My son and I came to the Dells for one day and we did not want to pay the money for a waterpark that we wouldn't have a chance to use. This Hilton was absolutely wonderful. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and professional. We were very satisfied with the room - nicely laid-out, quiet, and very clean. I also want to mention that the bed was one of the most comfortable that I ever found in a hotel and I slept better than I ever do when travelling. This place is by far one of the best places that I have ever stayed at. We were 100% satisfied!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Mono852

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel. It's very typical of Hilton Garden Inn hotels as far as decor and service. We requested an early check-in and upon arriving at 1:30 p.m. for a 3:00 p.m. check-in, we were told our room was not ready. I found this odd as it was so soon to the official check-in but out the door we went to return later. Room was nice. The bed was very uncomfortable though for a Hilton hotel. It was so unsupportive, I felt like I was an inch off the floor. Comforter was very lumpy. Bathroom very small but clean and nicely appointed. Could do without Neutrogena products as there are better brands out there for hotel chains. Very small pool & hot tub area. Don't go here expecting to relax in the pool when hotel is fully booked. Restaurant is decent. We booked through Hilton's website and reserved the room/full breakfast rate. It was much better than trying to find somewhere in the Dells to eat breakfast which appeared to be only the local Denny's which I can only imagine how busy that place is! Staff was pleasant although a couple of the waitresses in the restaurant were bickering about something or another. I could tell the more seasoned waitress tried to tell them to tone it down so we personally handed her a tip because she was considerate and really a hard worker. I would stay here again if the rate is just as good and other hotels are booked.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Was hoping with all the waterparks in the Dells that there would be no kids and we adults could enjoy the pool and hot tub. Not to be. The woman at the front desk was on the phone when I came in. Didn't even look up or acknowledge me in any way until she got done (they were reserving 5 rooms - yes, 5). Then, while checking in, she got another call and proceeded to take IT while I was still waiting to get my room key, etc. The rooms are comfortable, and reasonably clean. Not too terribly modern, but not "Holiday Inn" old ; ). I guess I expected better service - friendly, helpful employees. Nobody even offered to help us with our luggage.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ripleyroo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

The Hilton Garden Inn was excellent! The hotel was clean, nicely decorated and quiet. The room was spacious, clean and smelled fresh. The television was also a nice size where we ordered a pay per view movie. The staff was excellent and courteous. They really added the little things that made for a nice stay: hot coffee, and tea available and fresh cookies in the afternoon. We liked everything about our stay! We will definitely stay at the Hilton Garden again.

Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2008

We spend a lot of time in the Dells. Summer it is tent camping, but in winter we like to indulge in a nice hotel. We vary our hotel choices, but do spend more time at the Hilton Garden Inn than other hotels. I wanted to give a general reviews of our multiple stays here.

We are Hilton Honor members. Once in a while we manage to get enough points together for a free night stay. If not, we still prefer this hotel. Check in has always been friendly. I always ask nicely for any available upgrades when we check in, and I don't think we've ever failed to get one. Sometimes we get the fireplace suite with hot tub, sometimes a smaller upgrade (no charge). It's always appreciated and I let them know. At one stay, when I came back to the front desk to thank them for our nice room, I was told "See what being nice can get you?".

The rooms are always nice. Nothing hugely fancy, but nice. The beds are pretty comfortable, and overall a well appointed room. Bathroom could be a bit larger, but it certainly works.

Maid service is always consistant. We sleep in sometimes until noon (if we feel like it) and then head out. We've never not had our room made up or encountered any problems with this.

The amenities at this hotel, as other Garden Inn's, are pretty basic but suffice. We have not used the pool yet, but it's there if anyone wants to. They also have an indoor/outdoor hot tub in the pool area. The small lobby bar is friendly and a nice spot for a drink before heading out. We usually bring our own laptop and enjoy the free wifi in the room, but they do supply a business center if you need one. A small workout room is also available. Sorry, no need for that for me on a weekend getaway!

Overall, we feel the HIlton is a great bang for the buck in the Dells. We do not have any children, and certainly do not need to pay for a huge waterpark that we will not use. This is just a nice, classy hotel and is perfect for us.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2008

We stayed here for two nights over Thanksgiving weekend while we visited family in the area. The hotel itself was very nice and some of the front desk staff were friendly. The housekeeping, however, was some of the worst I've encountered. First off, after we got settled into our room I noticed that there was only one clean towel in the bathroom. Then I noticed that the bathtub was COVERED with short black hair. Seriously, it was like a gorilla had shaved its back in there and then absconded with all but one of the towels. The bathroom floor also looked like it hadn't been cleaned. I'm not a picky person, but I had to clean the bathtub myself before I could take a shower. The rest of the room was OK as far as cleanliness goes. The next morning we slept in. When we left there were two housekeeping carts in the hallway outside our door and one male housekeeper standing next to one of the carts who watched us leave. When we returned to the hotel later that night we found that our room had never been cleaned. The bed wasn't made, no clean towels, nothing. We called the front desk and they promptly brought up some clean towels. When we checked out the next morning we told the front desk manager all about it. She offered a half hearted "sorry", but that was it. It was quite a disappointment condisdering how much we paid for the two nights and how nice the hotel looked when we checked in.

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — Sasquatch hair all over the bathroom
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MinnesotanIce01
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

I just returned from a two-night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in the Dells. Our non-smoking room was comfortable and clean and included a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Because it is off-season, we had the pool to ourselves both mornings. Our $9.95 breakfasts were wonderful -- they included fresh fruit and other healthy choices. Our waitress was fabulous! My only complaint is that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, so the mirror fogged any time anyone showered. There were plenty of towels. The hotel location is central and there is a marvelous restaurant next door -- the Dell-Bar -- which i also recommend.

• Stayed October 2008