“Accomidating staff and very clean!” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Accomidating staff and very clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed with our volleyball team over a weekend. The Packers had a play-off game and the hotel staff let us set up our own buffet and occupy the lobby by the TV. We had a BLAST and the staff were so willing to provide us with any necessities we needed. Excellent hospitality!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberlee D, Guest Service Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Millercm66 - It was a pleasure to have your group stay with us. I need to personally thank you for the plate of food, it was so good, and to whoever made the angel food candy, please let them know it was awesome. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked a weekend family stay at an over-advertised Dells resort; which we quickly checked out of and headed to find an organized, clean, well lit, friendly and safe environment. As we turned out of the parking lot in search of a new place to stay we were greeted by the lights from the Hilton garden inn . Kim and her team were welcoming! Within minutes from walking into the lobby we were shown two rooms from which to choose from and quickly checked in. Our weekend stay was EXACTLY what a mini family weekend away should be.

The breakfast was delicious, all staff members from check-in to check-out were friendly, polite, knowledgable and really know how to make guests feel welcomed and make it easy to feel comfortable and relaxed during your stay.

The rooms, accommodations, environment, and overall facility were accurate if not nicer to the pictures on the website. We had so much fun staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and are glad the Hilton is still around; and the over-advertised, gross and dirty pool-less water/amusement park themed resort folks should stay a weekend at the Hilton to appreciate and learn from individuals who understand what hospitality is and what it should look like.

Thank you Kim and everyone else we had the pleasure of meeting during our stay. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberlee D, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Famstaycation ~ We are always glad to help make a wonderful family experience. Our staff here at HGI works very hard, to keep our guests satisfied. We look forward to your next stay with us at HGI, and appreciate the exceptional review on Trip Advisor.

Kimberlee
Guest Services Manager
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Both my family and I have stayed at this holel on numerous occassions. I often book with HH points, but did not for my recent stay. Though I haven't written a review previously, I felt compelled to do so this time. I was staying in the Dells for a spa visit in mid-December. I decided to arrive a night early given the pending blizzard conditions and booked at the HGI. The front desk staff accommodated my many requests - my friend was not able to join me due to the weather, so the staff moved me from a double-bed room, which I had originally requested, to a king whirlpool room. They tried to accommodate my request for a fireplace room (which are awesome), but none were available on this stay. I wasn't sure how the staffing would be for breakfast given the blizzard, but the cook made it in and in a genuninely pleasant mood even though his drive to work was terrible. Another staff member had to be towed from the ditch for her morning shift due to the terrible road conditions, yet she still provided service with a smile. They hotel had many cancellations and re-books due to the weather and the staff seemed to handle all with a pleasant demeanor. Congratulations to the HGI for their excellent front desk hiring decisions.

For your information, the hotel has an indoor pool, which is heated (at a nice temp). It has two indoor whirlpools and two outdoor whirlpools. The bar is small, but nice (though the wine selection is not great for what you pay for a glass). The hotel is across the street from Sprecher's, which has decent brewed beer and a solid menu. It's also within walking distance (very close) to the Del Bar, which has excellent wine selection (and I think HGI guests may get a 10% discount there). The hotel provides coffee, tea, flavored water, and cookies at various times throughout the day in the lobby. The breakfast buffet (made-to-order) is always good.

The rooms are a bit dated, but clean. Again, if you can get one with a fireplace in the winter, it's a bonus. I would say the most significant negative of this hotel is that the mattresses really should be upgraded. They were not and have not been comfortable during any of my many stays. The service does make up for this, in part at least.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberlee D, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Hello Tanya – I am very happy you enjoyed your whirlpool room and even more happy that you arrived safely. It sure was quite a day with all the snow and commotion, so thank you for your kind words and recommendations. For your next visit with us I will upgrade you to a deluxe room with a fireplace and whirlpool, just ask for me. Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to seeing you again.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is really a great little hotel in the Wisconsin Dells. Very modern accomodations. Breakfast was great, staff very kind and overall a great experience. Would stay here again for sure! If you are a Hilton Honors member they made it point to be welcoming and helpful due to the gold status. Thank you Hilton Garden I will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberlee D, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hello Aaron - I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our CTO [cooked-to-order] breakfast. The next time you stay, your breakfast is on us! Thank you for the awesome review on Trip Advisor.
Itasca, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Wisconsin Dells is usually thought of as a tourist kid friendly watermark haven, and it is. My wife and I however do not have kids and thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. We stayed in December, the best part of the hotel is the outdoor hot tub! The hotel wasn't crowded, not too many people visit in winter. There is a bar in the hotel, grab a drink and chill in the hot tub! They upgraded us, for free and I had to ask, to a jacuzzi room with a fireplace. We slept with the door open, great to feel the cold air yet nice to have the warm fire going.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hello JetNJoy - It's great to hear good feedback about our outdoor winter jacuzzi. Did you notice our walk up window from the pool to the bar? We have two exceptional bartenders that are preparing new drinks for the summer season. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Northwest Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I went for a quick weekend getaway and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. We've been to the Dells a number of times and have always stayed at different hotels/resorts. The Hilton was by far our favorite though, and we will definitely stay there again when we return for another getaway.

Booking online was easy and all rooms had good descriptions/photos so you knew what to expect. I requested a king room with fireplace and a balcony and that's just what I got when I arrived, not always the case at some hotels, especially when booking online.

The front desk staff were great and very helpful and the entire property looks like it's just been redone. The lobby, restaurant area, bar and pool area are all beautiful and well taken care of. Our room was also very nice - big flat screen TV, tiled gas fireplace and new carpet. Didn't at all have that "beaten down" look of many other hotel rooms. I opted for the breakfast deal, which costs a bit extra per night, but was well worth the price. You get a cooked-to-order breakfast with many choices and we tried something different each morning.

Location is great and near many attractions. We tried the pool and hot tub and both were great. I recommend the outdoor hot tub, especially in the cold weather! Very nice!

We liked the property because it was not overly large and definitely catered more to travelling couples as opposed to families there for the water parks. It's quiet, well-maintained and we enjoyed our stay! After staying at numerous other Dells hotels, we've found our favorite!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked nice and very much like the picture shown online - at least ours was. Call the...