“Nice and clean”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison
“Nice and clean”
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Nice hotel, fairly new, or newly remodled. I could not tell if it was a new build, or nicely redone one.

Anyhow, the only thing I thought bad was they did not have their new beds, and tvs yet.

However; everything else was nice.

Room service is from a local Holihan's restaurant, and that food was pretty good.

Stayed December 2007
2 Thank ClickTheGeek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I attended a conference at the nearby Chula Vista Resort. I missed the deadline for group rate at the resort and they would not budge off their $189 dollar rate. I found this HGI on the web and booked for $99. I was dodging deer from the Chula Vista to the HGI which is on what appears to be waterpark row. The room I was in was very large, much like you would get at an Embassy Suites. Main room with couch, TV, desk with another room with the bed. King bed was very comfortable and the hotel was quiet. I would stay here again provided the rate was the same. I am not sure if I would recommend this location if I was spending more time in the Dells. There seem to be a million little hotels and resorts in the area.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan F
Reviewed October 6, 2007

My husband and I booked a room for a one night getaway to the Dells. Upon checking in we were immediately disappointed at the check-in process. The two people at the front desk were not friendly or helpful. We had requested a smoking room and were put in a nonsmoking room. We asked for an upgrade to a suite if it was available since we are Hilton Honor members, and were told there were no suites available. After checking in to our room, we could not get the air conditioning to come on. The front Manager then changed our room to a smoking suite after all, but there were no ashtrays in the room. The rooms are cleaned very well, but the beds are the old mattresses and not very comfortable.

The rooms are small and have older TVs. The beds are not very comfortable. They charge for the breakfast buffet, so I would suggest going down the road to eat at Cracker Barrel.

There are better places to spend your money than this hotel. Not quite up to Hilton standards. Front desk staff need a lesson in customer service. Their "I don't care attitude" is not appealing. I would not stay there again.

• Liked — Rooms were clean.
  • Disliked — Attitude of the staff at the front desk.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Green Bay
Reviewed September 6, 2007

My granddaughters, age 11 and 14, and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Wisconsin Dells, WI for six nights. The front desk personnel were kind, courteous, and helpful. The rooms were extremely clean and the breakfast buffet was delicious. We were greeted every day by name by front desk and restaurant personnel. We felt completely safe at the hotel, very important factor for me. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful, even assisting me in finding beauty shop for the girls on Sunday before Labor Day. While we enjoyed the time we spent at the waterparks in the larger hotels/resorts, we looked forward to returning to the Hilton every night. As my granddaughters stated, we were treated like family.

• Liked — Treated like family
  • Stayed August 2007
3 Thank sukicat21
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We were vacationing with our college son and wanted to stay away from the water park resorts - this was a great pick. The lobby was nicely decorated and the front desk was courteous. As HHonors Gold members we got free breakfast and bottles of water. The lobby had a water feature separating the dining area from the front desk area, and also a sofa and chairs in front of a fireplace. There were indoor and outdoor whirlpools and a small indoor pool which we didn't use; also a small game room and a business center with internet access.

Our room was decent sized with two queen beds (slightly undersized from a standard queen); the mattress sagged slightly towards the middle but was otherwise comfortable. There was a balcony with two chairs but it was pouring rain most of the time so we couldn't use it.

The breakfast had standard fruit/rolls etc. but also prepared made-to-order eggs, pancakes, and waffles - very good.

We had booked a two-night points stay but decided to leave after one night due to the weather. The front desk was very cooperative even though we didn't make the decision until 11:00 am; they were able to handle the change of certificate with no problems.

And oh yes, there were warm cookies in the afternoon!

• Liked — Front desk staff
  • Disliked — The bed
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank MGreene16
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 20, 2007

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from August 17-19 in 2007. It was pretty much as expected based on my research. With just the two of us, we saw no reason to stay at a resort hotel. We did not need daily access to a waterpark or any of the other features those would include. We were not disappointed on anything there.

We did do one day at the Wilderness waterpark, which we were able to add to our room rate along with breakfast for two. It ended up cheaper than buying those items on their own. We were also very happy to be allowed to check in early (10am). We even got upgraded to a fireplace/balcony room. It rained on Saturday, so having a fireplace was very nice. The room was tastefully decorated and everything worked properly.

Overall, the only complaint I can come up with was that our bill had the wrong rates charged. All I did was send a fax of the bill along with details about the problem and it was fixed and faxed back within an hour. I believe the problem arose when I had them adjust my rate when I arrived to get the waterpark passes. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, even if you do have kids.

• Liked — Not a resort/waterpark hotel.
  • Disliked — Hot tubs only designed for 3 people each.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jfalk
Irving, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I stayed here for a one night stop on the way back to Chicago from a business trip to Canada. I was quite surpised by the town of Wisconsin Dells. There are tons of water parks, go carts, roller coasters, etc. This place is great for families and kids. I typically like Hilton Garden Inns, but this one seemed a bit over used. My beds looked a little beaten down in my room. I'm sure this is becasue so many families stay here for mini-vacations. They probably don't have a lot of business travelers like myself passing through.

They did have a nice fitness room. Eveything seemed nice and new. Probably doesn't get much use with all the vacationers! HA! I didn't eat breakfast, but I did eat dinner across the street at Houlihan's. It was average food and price.

• Liked — Fitnesss Center
  • Disliked — worn beds
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business