“Nice Looking Hotel But Poor Customer Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels and can generally give a great review. This time, I am sorry to say, my stay was a huge disappointment. While the hotel is beautiful, the customer service did not match. From the moment we walked in the door from the front clerks to the waitress at their restaurant, I have never seen such poor customer service. The clerks at the front were disorganized, rude and inattentive to our needs. We are not demanding people and asked simple questions like directions to a nearby waterpark that was included in the price of my hotel stay. We were given the wrong directions! We were given no information or instructions about obtaining our wrist bands and at the time of checking, the clerk did not give my tickets to me. I had to ask for them. She looked like I was asking for something I did not order and then took more time trying to figure out some code on her paperwork! She was impatient and rude. The cistomer service fell way below what ypu would expect to receive paying the exorbitant price of my one night stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank LovesToCamp
HGIWD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. On behalf of our Team here, I would like to apologize we did not meet nor exceed your expectations. Because of your feedback, we have designed and implemented a new map to show our guests clear directions to the water park you visited and reviewed our procedures related to the wristbands/vouchers disbursement. We have also shared your feedback with our staff to use as an example of the importance and complete dedication we need to have every guest, every day, and every stay.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Christopher Scheel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed in the king whirlpool suite and it was much smaller than expected. The room was clean but the bed was very uncomfortable. Overall the hotel was nice but you could tell it needed a bit of updating and it was very close the road so it was a bit loud.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Stayed here with wife and 15yo daughter for a Volleyball tournament...Staff on check in was very nice...we had a booked a King Suite w/ a jacuzzi....would have prefered a regular room with 2 Queen beds but those would not availible...word of warning about the King Suite w Jacuzzi...there was no shower in this room...there was a jacuzzi bath but no shower...but no problem for the front desk staff...they got us another room with a shower...the room was very clean and spacious...the only problem was the fold out couch...or what would be better termed "love seat"...very small with a very thin mattress...
found out later we could have gotten a roll-away bed for $10 additional a night...overall very nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jalolu
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Unfriendly and unprofessional staff. Young staff had boyfriend hanging out at the hotel and the other staff was too busy playing on her cell phone to acknowledge us. Hotel had a very bad smell to it. Garbage and misc items left in hallway. Room did not appear very clean. And housekeeping knocked 3x's at 9am asking to clean our room, apparently they didnt hear us say no thank you twice and then they just walked in our room. Very disappointed. Will never stay at a Hilton again!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennreo
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Hi all,

I went with my friends for ski trip to Wisconsin Dells. I read reviews of almost all the hotels/resort nearby Devil's Head before booking Hilton Garden Inn.

The reviews of this hotel were absolutely correct. I found my stay very comfortable. The room was really clean and had a very good room service. All the basic amenities were provided. The staff was very friendly.

Best part was, when we returned from the Skiing we were so tired and wanted to get into hot tub/Jacuzzi. But it was late (11.30PM). Pool area closes at 10. But, they allowed us to get into pool area. That really impressed me.

The staff had only one answer to all our questions: YES.

Smoking in the balcony - Yes
Using pool area after the regular time - Yes
Extension of check-out time - Yes

I will definitely recommend this hotel for your stay in Wisconsin Dells.

Enjoy !

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I was very impressed by the cleanliness and friendly staff. Would highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2010

The hotel was in a great location - close to downtown and other attractions.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple