“Totally disgusted!”
Review of Top Hat Motel

Top Hat Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Top Hat Motel
Ranked #12 of 15 Wisconsin Dells B&B and Inns
“Totally disgusted!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night and checked out the following morning. I get a call on Tuesday morning that they finally got around to cleaning the room, and we're being charged $180.00 for a broken door and door jam. The door was fine when we left on Sunday morning! Their policy is to clean a day or two after checkout because it's the off season. Believe me, legal action is being taken. We will NOT pay for a door we didn't break! The owner was very disrespectful on the phone with me. We will NEVER stay here again!

Stayed March 2013
7 Thank Kristin52010

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The outside of the building looks a little shady, but the rooms are actually kept up well and very clean. The location is great, right in the downtown area and the rates are very reasonable. The staff was not very welcoming or friendly. Maybe it was just the day or the lady was in a bad mood, but she made me uncomfortable and was very rude. Also out of the 3 rooms my friends and I had, there was no hot water for a shower. After talking with her, she told us basically we were out of luck because it was probably just because other people were showering. Although, after my friend complained and talked to the manager, one of the rooms was refunded. Would I stay there again? If there was no where else available!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Nicole M
Algonquin, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I am part of a group that comes up to the Wisconsin Dells area twice a year. The owners always go out of their way to make sure we have everything we need. Even in prime season they charge us out of season rates (probably because we fill the whole place with our group). We actually call them mama and papa. Granted the building is older but the service is great. Close to everything in downtown Wisconsin Dells. At night time it is a quick stumble home after all night at the bars.

Room Tip: I always like staying on the second floor