“You will get soaking wet!!!!”

Wildthing Jetboat Tours - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
1-Hour Guided WildThing Jet Boat Tour in...
More attraction details
Owner description: Wisconsin Dells Wildthing Jetboat Tours 50% Fast, 50% Slow, 100% Fun! The excitement begins with Wildthing Jet Boat Tours! Powerful. . . 1200 horsepower, over 20,000 gallons of water per minute thrusting you through Upper Dells Glacial Park on the beautiful Wisconsin River! We hear passengers say, "Let's ride the Wildthing again!" on a daily basis! Expect power stops, 360 spins, and sprays of water coming at you from all angles!
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Captain Craig made sure everyone on the boat was SOAKED to the skin. Even the few who had rain ponchos on. The plastic tubs to keep valuables in were a welcome sight. Make sure you take advantage of them even if you don't think you really do. Trust me, you need them. Be prepared to tip at the end of your trip.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"second row"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a very fun tour. During the no-wake areas, Captain Craig did a great job of pointing out landmarks and giving us a little history lesson. Be advised though that YOU WILL GET WET. We sat in the front row and ended up with our clothes completely soaked through and our shoes squishing. I think the back rows toward the middle weren't as bad but everyone still got wet. A great time but make sure you can go back to your hotel room right afterwards to change.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've never done a jet boat tour but after experiencing this wild, thoroughly drenching, thrilling ride with Captain Craig I would definitely do it again! I loved the combination of slow touring of the beautiful bluffs and history of the Dells and the fast paced spins that had you grabbing hold of the bar in front of you for your life and sudden stop that would send an avalanche of water into the entire boat. My only warning is to do this on a hot day and to wear clothes that you will be comfortable getting drenched in! There is a bus ride to the starting point but it wasn't a long drive. They even provided large tubberwear tubs for anything you didn't want to get wet. They don't exaggerate when they say you will get wet. I literally could squeeze water out of my shirt when we arrived at shore. My advice, do it!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Last year we went on the jet boat ride with the company called Jet Boat Adventures. It was awesome. Plus, it was much more efficient. It is located right at the major intersection and you can have a warm towel and change of clothes waiting for you. This tour takes place on the lower dells starting out at the dam.
Wild Thing, on the other hand, takes place on the upper dells. You take a 10 - 15 minute bus ride to get to the place. Then it is about 100 yards DOWN a loose gravel road. (They do offer golf cart rides down for those who need it.) The problem with this tour is so much of the river here is designated "Slow, no wake". Yes, that's right. No wake....on a thrill ride!! There are a few spots in the beginning where they can go fast and get you wet, but it was a LONG ride to where the real fun begins. They take you waaaaaay down the Wisconsin River, past Witches Gultch and Stand Rock. That's where they play with you. Lots of fast turns, etc. Then the slow ride back.
Just as we got onto the boat the sun hid behind the clouds, so the temp was about 70-75 degrees. Being wet on the boat it was freezing. I've got some pudge on me, so I was okay, but my 9 and 11 year old nieces had goose bumps on top of goose bumps.
But, even before they were cold, without me planting the seed (trying to be a positive role-model), they said Jet Boat Adventures was better. I agree.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family and I had a great time on the Wild Thing! Little ones who do not like to get wet may want to stay home! Nothing stays dry on this ride!!!! Make sure you where your swimsuits and bring towels and a change of clothes in your car! You will get soaked! Our Captain, Tim was great! The trip is a combination of Wisconsin Dells history and one WILD Ride of 360 degree turns sudden stops that send a deluge of water right inside the boat! Great fun on a hot, sunny day. We had gone on a cloudy cooler day and we were freezing but that didn't stop us from having a great time!

1  Thank JenniferHighland_IN