“Not the best jet boat ride the Dells offers”

Wildthing Jetboat Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wisconsin Dells Wildthing Jetboat Tours 50% Fast, 50% Slow, 100% Fun! The excitement begins with Wildthing Jet Boat Tours! Powerful. . . 1200 horsepower, over 20,000 gallons of water per minute thrusting you through Upper Dells Glacial Park on the beautiful Wisconsin River! We hear passengers say, "Let's ride the Wildthing again!" on a daily basis! Expect power stops, 360 spins, and sprays of water coming at you from all angles!
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Last year we went on the jet boat ride with the company called Jet Boat Adventures. It was awesome. Plus, it was much more efficient. It is located right at the major intersection and you can have a warm towel and change of clothes waiting for you. This tour takes place on the lower dells starting out at the dam.
Wild Thing, on the other hand, takes place on the upper dells. You take a 10 - 15 minute bus ride to get to the place. Then it is about 100 yards DOWN a loose gravel road. (They do offer golf cart rides down for those who need it.) The problem with this tour is so much of the river here is designated "Slow, no wake". Yes, that's right. No wake....on a thrill ride!! There are a few spots in the beginning where they can go fast and get you wet, but it was a LONG ride to where the real fun begins. They take you waaaaaay down the Wisconsin River, past Witches Gultch and Stand Rock. That's where they play with you. Lots of fast turns, etc. Then the slow ride back.
Just as we got onto the boat the sun hid behind the clouds, so the temp was about 70-75 degrees. Being wet on the boat it was freezing. I've got some pudge on me, so I was okay, but my 9 and 11 year old nieces had goose bumps on top of goose bumps.
But, even before they were cold, without me planting the seed (trying to be a positive role-model), they said Jet Boat Adventures was better. I agree.

There are newer reviews for Wildthing Jetboat Tours - Day Tours

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family and I had a great time on the Wild Thing! Little ones who do not like to get wet may want to stay home! Nothing stays dry on this ride!!!! Make sure you where your swimsuits and bring towels and a change of clothes in your car! You will get soaked! Our Captain, Tim was great! The trip is a combination of Wisconsin Dells history and one WILD Ride of 360 degree turns sudden stops that send a deluge of water right inside the boat! Great fun on a hot, sunny day. We had gone on a cloudy cooler day and we were freezing but that didn't stop us from having a great time!

1  Thank JenniferHighland_IN
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This attraction goes against many of my beliefs regarding the environment and wastefulness, but when you are blowing past the ducks and other tour boats you can't help but yell, "Eat our wakes!"
The weather was cool, but my one son couldn't get wet enough.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

One of the best rides in the Dells. I wish i had done it more than once. might be back again just for that and a few more rides. Very adrenaline filled ride where a fast jet boat does 360's and immediate stops. prepare to be thoroughly soaked. Several times.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Took my daughter and 4 grandkids. Didn't really know what to expect. We all LOVED this tour! You will get soaked through and through, which is part of the fun.