“BEWARE!!!! When ordering by phone, you do not get discount”

Wildthing Jetboat Tours - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$30.00*
and up
1-Hour Guided WildThing Jet Boat Tour in Wisconsin Dells
More attraction details
Owner description: Wisconsin Dells Wildthing Jetboat Tours 50% Fast, 50% Slow, 100% Fun! The excitement begins with Wildthing Jet Boat Tours! Powerful. . . 1200 horsepower, over 20,000 gallons of water per minute thrusting you through Upper Dells Glacial Park on the beautiful Wisconsin River! We hear passengers say, "Let's ride the Wildthing again!" on a daily basis! Expect power stops, 360 spins, and sprays of water coming at you from all angles!
Reviewed August 11, 2012

On the Wild Thing website, it says you can get a discount if you order by phone, make a reservation and use a credit card, which I did. After I got off the phone, I realized the discount had not been applied. I figured I would correct it the next day when we showed up. WRONG!!!!! When we showed up and I pointed this out, I was asked if I mentioned the discount. I said, "NO" and was told that was too bad and I would not get an adjustment. Normally, I would have said screw it and would leave, but I had 6 kids with me, who had been looking forward to this. I went back to the website and NOWHERE does it say, you must mention this discount while ordering, it says if you order by phone, make a reservation and use a credit card, you will get the discount. My first thought was, "Can't wait to write a review on TripAdvisor!"

Now, that being said, the actual jet boat ride was awesome. Would have given a higher rating, if not for the ticket scam. We had Captain Craig and he was very good. I did not expect the informational river experience, I thought it was all going to be stops and turns. We did get wet, but not soaking, so a little disappointed. We left all our items that we did not want wet, in the car, so when it came time to tip Craig, at the end, we had nothing with us. I did feel a little guilty about that, he did do a really good job. The kids, ages 9-15 all had big smiles on their faces, mom and dad enjoyed it too. If you go, don't forget the sunscreen

2  Thank needmoretraveltime

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our family of five, ages 7-39+, LOVED THIS TOUR!! It was a little cool the day we went, two of us bought Pouncho's from the gift shop B4 getting on the bus to the boat. We had an awesome time- and really if you don't want to get wet..buy a poncho and go anyway! This is by far the most fun I have had in ages!! Thanks to Kenny for a "rockin" tour. Would do this over and over! You will still get wet with a poncho, but not drenced like the 38 others on our tour who wished they'd bought the $2 poncho!!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had Capt Kurt and he did a great job of getting us wet and doing crazy turns and he had great music on top of it all! It was the best part of the whole trip for me!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This ride was fantastic. I was with a group of about 25 people, and they accommodated us perfectly, making sure we all got on the same boat. We had Kenny as our captain, and he was hysterical! It was fun, informational and as someone who doesn't really like history so much, SUCH A GREAT TIME! Kenny deserves a raise, cause we had a blast with him. Its great for people of all ages, and even people who don't really like boats. Your traveling so fast and so smooth, that you don't feel the rocking or swaying that you do with regular boats. The ride lasts about 45 - 50 minutes, depending on how crowded the lake is. Overall, it was such a fun thing to do, i would go again and again, and recommend this to anyone who loves to get wet and have fun!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Overall, the ride itself was fun and you see more of the beautiful Wisconsin River scenery than the other jet boat tours. However, we barely had a drop of water hit us, which is NOT what we wanted. We wanted to get wet! We were in about the 6th row. If you prefer to stay dry, stay in the back! If you want to enjoy the tidal waves, stay in the first few rows.