“Nice campground” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stand Rock Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Stand Rock Campground
Illinois
“Nice campground”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2008

My family spent 3 days camping here. It was our first time at this campground. The sites are fairly large and flat. They are also nicely wooded. The pool was nice and the staff was friendly. A few negatives- noise from the nearby highway is annoying at night. There is also a train track not too far from the campground so bring some ear plugs for the noise and you'll be fine. Other than that, we enjoyed this campground.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank Burtman44

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
West Salem, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

This was our families first time camping at Stand Rock and we really enjoyed ourselves. We have 2 children ages 7 & 10 and the campground had plenty to do to keep them busy. They have 2 really nice playgrounds that our kids spent a lot of time playing at. They also have a average size pool that was soppose to be heated but felt very chilly when you got in. Once you got used to it it wasn't too bad! Another this we enjoyed was there miniture golf course. It's only $2.00 a person to golf and it has a farm theme to it. The only complaint I have about the course is that there was no shade and it got quite hot. The campground also has a really nice fishing pond where it is catch and release. My husband and son caught several fish. The campground also has hiking trails but they where not marked very well so half the time we where not sure if we where even on a trail. Our campsite for our tent was nice and big and very shaded. I would recommend this campground to families with children because it is a nice quiet campground, no annoying parties where going on anywhere in the campground while we where there. We will deffiantly camp here again.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank momof2boys_7
Wausau Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2007

Went to the Dells the weekend of June 1st thru the 3rd. and stayed at the StandRock campground.
If your looking for a quite place to camp this is it. They have security that walks around the campground at night,(it's nice to know that you can be safe at night. They have free coffee in the morning, they have just about anything you need in the store.
We will be staying there alot when ever we go to the dells.

1 Thank NHRAFan
Huntley, il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2007

I've been camping in the dells for 40 years, from when I was 8 years old camping with my parents to now me bring my teenage kids camping with me. I've been to almost every campground in the dells at one time or another. My all time favorite was Pioneer Park, but they have gone to a buy your campsite style campground. My all time 2nd favorite campground is Standrock, they have large, clean, wooded sites with nice amendites. I would recommend Standrock to anyone. Dell-Boo campground and Jellystone campround are on my all time worst campgound list for the dells, I would recommend staying away from them. I give Standrock an above average rating, and for the dells above average rating for a campground is saying something, there a alot of below average and average campgounds at best.

Happy Camping
Dave
Huntley, IL

Stayed May 2007
4 Thank packfn3
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2006

Stand Rock Campgound is one of the nicer campgrounds we have ever stayed at and we have been camping for 30 years. It has beautiful new bathrooms and shower facilities that are kept very, very clean all day long.

We took 2 teenage granddaughters with us and they had a great time. In the past we would take them to Jellystone which they also loved, but we did not. This campground is more rustic with large sites. The only drawback is that you can hear the highway, however you can hear it at the other campgrounds in the Dells as well.

If you are looking for planned activities for young children, they do not have that.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — highway noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask to be near the new shower facilities.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Muktown