“Another wonderful weekend at Standrock”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Stand Rock Campground
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just back from another wonderful 4 day long weekend at Standrock Campground. Weather, of course, was phenomenal. The campground was in pristine condition, as always, friendly staff there to assist with just about anything. We have a favorite site now and found it clean, freshly mowed and absolutely up to par. The campground was just about full due to Wo Zha Wa weekend in the Dells, but you'd never have known it. The noise level was way below what you would have thought for a fully packed campground. Restaurant/Bar wonderful!!!!! Great food, internet service (yeah!) Big screen TV to watch the Badger game on. It just doesn't get any better than Standrock Campground. Kudos to the Krahn family to making every trip a memorable one!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Stand Rock Campground

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our family has been camping here for 13 years. We started camping at Stand Rock when our boys were 5 and 8. There were a few years when they were teenagers and were busy with other things and were not able to come. When we were planning a family trip this summer they both wanted to come back to their favorite campground! They are now 22 and 19 and are looking forward to our upcoming trip. We have many great memories at this wonderful campground!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula H
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This campground was conveniently located within a couple miles of the dells-away from high prices and a Good Sam discount park. We stayed here for 4 hot days with no problems. The manager was both accomodating and polite upon check-in. Bathrooms and showers were kept clean. A security guard walked the grounds after dark. Relatives were able to visit us for the day w/o having to pay a visitor fee. Only drawback was no cable tv but with the dells closeby didn't have any time or energy for tv anyway-so did not miss it. Internet connectivity was a problem and only from outside our motorhome. Very quiet and family oriented campground. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Follow directions carefully as roads/signs not marked well and there is a low clearance underpass (1...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nifty_fifty2000
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

I called this campground because my family and some of our friends families were looking for a place to camp at in the Dells. Since I was the only one that hasn't camped before I had some questions on what they had to offer. Since the lady answered the phone she was short and keep cutting me off and acting like I was a bother to her. When she said some spots have electricity and water and some don't, I told her this was my first camping trip so I wasn't sure how the electricity and water would work with a tent. If you can belive it she said "we are fine, good bye" and hung up on me. I was dumbfounded since I never got upset with her or talked bad to her. Before calling and checking this place out on line i saw lots of complants on rude staff but having worked in customer service while putting myself though med school I was not worried. I am very good at talking calm and cool to a rude person without getting upset. It seems like they are not looking for any new customers, even our 9 families looking to find a place to camp at a few times a year. The Dells is not short of campgrounds that want us as customers. There are more than enough campgrounds in the Dells that would like us as customers.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank Kerry A
Reviewed June 20, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Kerry A
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My family has a seasonal camper here, We purchased last April(2011). Before we got a seasonal we use to come up atleast twice every summer! We know the staff pretty well now. They are very friendly, keep the place up very nice, and make you feel comfortable. They are always trying to make the campsite better by either taking out trees that are rotted, planting flowers around the store, cleaning the pool, keeping the paved roads that go around the campsite nice and safe, mowing the lawn, and much more, they love to make the campground the best it can be! There are so many things to do. There is even more than the site lists.(http://www.standrock.com/) There is two ponds, Where you can go fishing in, or just take a relaxing walk around, and find little shells washed up in the sand, or even just dip your toes in the cool water. You can go on a long hike, where if you go far enough there is beautiful sandstone formations, and even a slow waterfall, and a stream. You can go mini golfing, which is always fun! Basket ball court, volley ball court, horse shoe throwing, bean bag tossing, new, and updating playground. The pool is great, they even re-paint it every year to keep it looking its best and clean. There are many places to bike/scooter/etc. the trails in the back of the campground, and there are all the paved roads. And they just improved their bathrooms about 4 years ago now i think and they are always clean, and so are the showers! The campground store has a resturant, bar, and a store with everything you could need and even if they dont have the thing you need, you can head over to walmart (6 miles away down 94) or walgreens (3.2 miles away by downtown dells). The resturant has GREAT food, and there is even a soft serve ice cream maker in the store where you can get a tasty sundae or a cone, with a choice of many toppings. The resturant/bar even has a friday fishfry. You can always bring your ipod, iphone, laptop, etc. up to the resturant and sit at a table outside in the sun or inside at a booth, and check facebook, twitter, or check the weather. There is also a gameroom inside the resturant/bar, with a pool table and other games. The sites for camping are huge! and grassy and have shade from trees. I have read some of the reviews on this site, and yes there are misquitos if you get the wrong lot, This campground is quiet, and peaceful, but still has many activities. Its a very nice campground in my opinion! The only bad things I have to say is, yes sometimes there is bugs not many though, The bathrooms close to the playground and on the hill, are not very clean and are neglected, they are not updated and are old, I would take the extra wallk to the much nicer bathrooms near the store and in between lots 28, and 25. I hope ive helped (:

Room Tip: Stay away from lots around the heavily wooded areas (like those around the treelines, or in the comp...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Grace F
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The campground was fairly open, but had large trees for shade.

The laundry was right next to the pool, which was very handy. The shower/washroom building was the nicest that I've ever seen.

Only a quick 10-minute ride into downtown Wis Dells.

Would definitely stay again (maybe even this summer already!).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family