The owners were incredibly rude. The woman barged into our room uninvited, screaming that visitors were not allowed and that it was stated in the rules (which was on a sheet hidden under the lamp). They also insisted we store the bikes we brought in their storage unit, which was not in the "rules" anywhere. I told them the bikes were worth almost $2k and not getting stored out of our sight. The woman continued screaming at my boyfriend and telling him his "opinion didn't matter" because he was not a registered guest. He offered his credit card to her, saying, "Swipe my card, then I will be a paying customer and you can hear me out." She refused and wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise. Her only arguments being that he was not a registered guest, no visitors were allowed, and she "is 75 years old!". Also accused me of purposely trying to sneak people in because I brought an extra blanket and asked for extra (which I didn't) and was told I almost always bring my own blanket because it's a hotel. Pretty sure I'm not the only one that does this. She threatened to call the police. We insisted she do so, then waited, but they never showed. We theorize she cries wolf often. She was extremely rude, even after being informed my boyfriend and his son were leaving and that I would register my friend (who was supposed to stay with me only on Sunday night. I rented the room for Sat & Sun). The room had 2 queen beds so it would have been myself, my son and his friend, and my friend- not over capacity. She yelled about the 2 extra cars even though the lot was near empty. Literally screamed at us for a good 15 minutes, then came back with her husband and screamed at us for another 20. Horrible experience, didn't even stay the last night even though it was paid for. Drove 2 hours home at 10 pm. My boyfriend owns 7 companies, and informed her he knew of business practices, and treating customers in this manner was anything but good business, that she could count on none of us returning and she had lost business here permanently. She shouted that she didn't care. The whole ordeal was ridiculous and unbelievable, and I believe the only reason they have been in business so long is the fact that the area is a tourist destination. Customer service was awful, and we will be looking for all means to post this exact review. Don't stay here, whatever you do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells, across from Bowman Park. We have 36 newly remodeled rooms. We take pride in making your visit relaxing and enjoyable. Cancellation policy: 72 hours notice on standard rooms and 5 days notice on suites. Early checkouts subject to 72 hour notice. Complimentary coffee. Non-smoking rooms available. Cable TV, Outdoor heated pool, air conditioning/electric heat, adjoining rooms/family suites, queen/king size beds, jacuzzi rooms, free ice. Check in: 2:00 pm. Check out: 10:00 am. Refrigerators/microwaves/rollaway beds/cribs available upon request for $5-$10 per night. Casino shuttle available. All major credit cards accepted. Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Starlite Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlite Motel Wisconsin Dells
- Starlite Hotel Wisconsin Dells