Starlite Motel
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$62
$59
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$67
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$89
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$108
$94
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$130
$139
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$160
Groupon.com
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
$67
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
Hotels.com
All reviewschula vistaexcellent stayfamily orientedclean roomstube tvlocation is greatindoor waterparkqueen bedwould stay here againnoah's arksummerblast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We opened the door to our room and it smelled so damp and musty and another odor that I can't explain. I even said to my husband, Do you think someone died in this room? My husband took the kids to the pool and I opened the door and window and put the air on to air out the place while I was getting settled. The clerk from the office asked me in a sharp tone if I was running the air with the windows opened and I said that the room smelled so bad that I had to air it out. The clerk came charging in the room closing the windows and yelling that I could ice up the air conditioner and would I have windows open at home with the air on She. read from the poliacy sheet that we are not to have windows open and run the air....I think you get the picure people who are reading this reveiw. I realize I was in the wrong. I was just going to air out the room while I unpacked so that the kids wouldn't freak out from the smell. If she would have asked me in a nice tone ,I would have shut the windows for her rather then her storming in and yelling. I didn't appreciate the way I was treated. I did get a new Glade plug in .

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank kmscj
Reviewed July 24, 2007

I thought this hotel was a great value for the money we paid (under $50 for a queen bed). If you are looking for a clean basic room at a reasonable rate, this is the place to stay. Everyone was friendly and accommodating, and the pool was perfect for a quick swim. The hotel was within walking distance of the downtown shops and restaurants. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank akkrn1979
A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed July 15, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Starlite Motel in 2004. We loved it. Great location and clean. I made another reservation for July 20- 23, 2006.

Because of health issues I had to cancel my reservation. Because I was never given a cancellation number, my husband called back to confirm that we did not have a reservation and would not be billed. He was cut off by the owner and hung up on.

I called back and was actually SCREAMED at by the owner. She said that she did not appreciate being called TEN TIMES and that she was busy and cleaning. Then I was cut off and hung up on. I have never been treated this way in my life. Maybe she forgets that customers are the only reason she stays in business.

I will spread the word far and wide for people to avoid this hotel after the shameful way the owner acted. NEVER GO THERE!

PS: My husband and I never complain about mildly bad service. Everyone I know will hear about this incident.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Clinton, WI
Reviewed June 26, 2006

I took my 4 children, and 2 friends to the Dells for a mini vacation. We had discount coupons to several attractions including Noah's Ark and Mt. Olympus waterparks, so I was looking for merely a place to sleep and shower. I found the hotel online and called 1 week ahead to book the room. All 7 of us were able to stay in a 2 room suite for only $65. I couldn't find any other hotels even close to this rate. We stayed on a Sunday night. We were within walking distance of all the downtown shops, eating, bowling, mini-golf, and the shuttle to the boats. The hotel had an outdoor pool, which the kids enjoyed. It had 2 tvs, a small refrigerator and a microwave. It was all very basic, and none of it was new, but it was a quiet, safe place to stay, and that was what we were looking for. I feel we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 10, 2005

I usually write positive reviews about the hotels I've stayed at, but this one had to be one of the worst. For starters, it's tough to get a room in Wisconsin Dells on a Saturday night stay only (most have a 2 night minimum), and the Starlite was all I could find, at a very high rate ($124.00). For the price that was paid, I would have expected a room that had been updated in the last 15 years. However, the room was in the old section of the building. Old wallpaper, drapes and carpet were the first thing that stood out to me. The room also had a glade plug-in air freshener, with a scent that smelled like an old grandma's house. The TV had no remote control, and the coffee maker (if you dare call it that) looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. All else aside, the room was generally clean but worth around $60 on a saturday night, not over twice that. If you're looking for a good deal in the dells with a nice room consider the Black Hawk if you're staying downtown or the American World on the strip. Both have nicer facilities and nicer rooms! Too bad they were booked the weekend I went to the Starlite!

• Stayed: August 2004