New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Starlite Motel

Starlite Motel
Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Lake Bluff, Illinois
“Great Value and Super Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here last weekend and had a nice time. The room was large and had a good size bathroom too. The beds were comfortable and the place was super clean. When we checked-in, we got wristbands that allowed us to use Chula Vista indoor and outdoor water at no cost. We really enjoyed the waterpark! We would recommend this place to our friends.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jaimie K

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Marengo, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Very good motel included waterpark passes to Chula Vista! Very good bang for your buck!Even had chairs on our patio! :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Antigo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Starlite Motel on August 26th and 27th. I was very impresses with this motel. I did not expect the room to be as nice and clean as it was for the price I paid. I have paid much more for rooms at large chain hotels, that are dirty and dingy and have stained carpet. There was nothing dirty about this place. The parking lot was spotless, and the outdoor pool was very clean. (Indoor pools are never as clean as this one was.) Friends of ours decided to stay the night in the Dells on Saturday and were unable to get a room at Starlite due to them being full, but they did refer them to another motel that was just as clean and at a good price. We will be back again! Thank you Starlite for the great service!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onehappycoupleAntigo
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have stayed here in the past(5 yrs in a roll) and there was not issues with having my family come over and hang out. But this year that lady was acting crazy. I felt like I should collect my family and leave! NEVER COMING BACK!

Room Tip: Ask about the policies before you decide to stay anywhere!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank christina3kids
visit_starlite, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Christina,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at the Starlite Motel. This year, you only booked one room for your immediate family at our motel. The rest of your extended family stayed at other motels in Wisconsin Dells. Your extended family came over to use our swimming pool. We informed you that only registered guests may utilize our facilities. In the event of an accident, our insurance company would only pay for a registered guest who was injured. I’m sorry that you don’t agree with this policy but it is the same policy that has always been in place.

The Management
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Me and 2 other guys stayed at the Starlite on Thursday 07-21. Found it to be one of the best values near downtown.

Got 3 waterpark passes to Chula included and it was close to downtown bars which was important to us.

Did not spend too much time in the room. They are very outdated ammenties wise but the family that owns the motel seems to be very invloved.

If you are trying to impress a date try somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have been going to the dells every year since I was a kid. This year my son and I wanted to go up for a week. We normally stay at Polynesian resort. This year he wanted to stay on the strip. I figured this would be a dump since it's a motel and not a resort and because it's also on the strip but I was so wrong! The owners are extremely nice and make you feel like family and also go out of their way to accommodate you in any way they can! The rooms are comfy and clean and are cleaned and restocked everyday. The pool is clean and very relaxing. The location is great also. There is a park and a gas station across the street and restaurants, stores and bars within walking distance. It is also very quite at night. You also get free waterpark passes for chula Vista waterpark which is a lot of fun also. I actually enjoyed staying here better than the resorts. You still have access to waterparks but also access to a lot more and much much better service. My son and I could not have asked for a better experience! We will definitely be back. Excellent service, excellent people and an excellent vacation! Thank you!!!

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Blueyeskys0317
Alexis Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

After reviewing many hotels for our stay in the Dells, we finally decided on the Starlite since most post here were favorable, the price was the best and the location seemed good, we were very happy to have made this choice.

The starlight is spotless! One poster stated that the "owners are watching your every move", no they are always visible as they work night and day, literally, to maintain the hotel! I would see them working when I awoke and they would still be working at midnight. They and their daughter who helps them are wonderful people. The hotel does not have some of the "bells and whistles", but it has everything you need. Clean, comfortable rooms, very good price, ideal location..walk to everything yet far enough to be quiet. There is a beautiful pool, and since they give you waterpark passes with your stay, the pool is usually empty! It is like your own little world. There is a nice park across the street where you can barbeque if you choose or take a nature walk. Also across the street is a great mobile gas station..it is like a super mobile, gas, grocery, restaurant all in one! All in all you can not go wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple