“Affordable and Nice Dells Motel”
Review of Dell Creek Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Dell Creek Motel
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Onalaska,WI
“Affordable and Nice Dells Motel”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This motel is in a prime location and has a friendly accomodating staff with very affordable rates. Although it is an older motel it has been updated regularly and has a wonderful pool and well kept beautiful flower gardens with several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Recently had a one night stay at the Dell Creek with my family. After a long day at Noah's Ark, check-in here was a breeze. The lady was very nice and resourceful. We had a 2 double bed room. Did not have a flat screen, which is no big deal, but would be a nice upgrade since the rooms are a bit on the smaller side and we did have 4 people. Rooms are super clean.

My biggest point of booking a hotel in the Dells is I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a big resort, when we were going to be at Noah's Ark anyways. I feel I accomplished this here. I would recommend if you have anymore than 3 people to book 2 rooms for the space reason.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Katie E
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family and I recently needed a place to stay in the Dells with only a week notice. Dell Creek was recommended to me by a co-worker for the cleanliness and reasonable prices. What we found was a spotless, adorable motel, close to everything at very reasonable rates. My teens even remarked on how clean it was which is saying alot!The staff couldn't have been nicer! They also have flat screen tvs and wi-fi for those that want more modern amenities. A breakfast restaurant next door called the Cheese Factory was awesome but it is vegan. The charm of this place not to be beat! So glad we found Dell Creek. We will be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face a very well tended garden courtyard exploding with flowers.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Becks1031
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I have stayed here several times in the last few years, and I always thought of it as a pleasant no frills family run business. I left them a positive review on trip advisor and recommended this place to several people. This summer we came to stay once again, and because of work we arrived later than expected on a Friday, we thought it would be a great idea to extend our stay through Sunday night and since they were not booked up we did just that.

Unfortunately I became dangerously ill on Saturday and wound up in the emergency room both Saturday night and again on Sunday afternoon. My family was forced to cut our vacation short so I could get to a hospital back home.(Hospitals near the Dells did not have the appropriate doctors available on weekends) I politely requested that the hotel refund our Sunday night since we were loyal repeat customers and the circumstances of departure were completely beyond my control. The motel had vacancies on Sunday, so we did not even cost them any business.

The owner sent me an email offering to credit my family $25.00 off our NEXT stay with them. My $79.00 payment for the Sunday night that I could not stay was more important than being decent human beings, and having our repeat business, and many referrals. So for 2013, we leave the Dells with no vacation, huge hospital bills and a bitter feeling towards place that advertises itself as family run, but acts like a heartless huge corporation. Thanks for nothing Dell Creek.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jnoele
North-central Wisconsin
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The reviews seemed good for this motel, so I decided to stay here. This is a clean and well cared for motel. I found my room was very comfortable and although it wasn't huge, it was roomier than I had expected. The bed was very comfortable. I checked in late in the evening and the lady who checked me in was very considerate. The owners were very nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank justsignmeuphere
South Beloit, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My neighbor and myself just returned from a long weekend in Wisconsin Dells, We stayed at the Dell Creek Motel, The grounds are beautifull, the room was small but that is what should be expected from an older motel. Our room was spotless, very comfortable beds and I wish my pillows at home were as good. we really liked the updated and large shower. even though the bathroom was small, The ladys in the office were very helpfull, suggesting places to eat, The Rivers Edge Resort had very good food, There Prime Rib was outstanding, but they also had burgers. and very reasonable. We tried the Cheese factory next door, but nothing appealed to us as we are not vegitarian. The Road was torn up all the way from the interstate in to the Dells, and it did get noisy at times. Even though it was cool in the mornings, there were people using the heated inground pool. But I enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to others. The only problem we had was my friend was a smoker, and not smoking in the room wasen't a problem, but she had to smoke in the car or around the corner in the play area, which was very hard to say the least when it was cold in the morning, there were chairs outside the rooms but she was not allowed to smoke there. I hope maybe management will make other arrangements for guests that smoke. as there were others.It did not effect me , but it did my friend and she would not stay there again because of where she had to go every time she wanted to smoke. We knew when we reserved the room that all were non smoking, which many places are now, But to have to walk half a block and sit at a picnic table was a little much.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the garden area and I think any of the rooms would be good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sharon E
Slinger
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family and I stayed at Dell Creek Motel at the end of June. We had a great time. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were perfect for us. Everything was nice and clean. The room prices we couldnt pass up. We would stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kelly G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Dells
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin De...
#23 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
#3 of 10 in Baraboo
Lakeside Motel
Lakeside Motel
#40 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Dell Creek Motel? Share your experiences!