We stayed here for 5 nights in August after researching several other "hotels" and was very happy with it. The room was much bigger than a hotel room and the queen/full bunk worked out great since we have 3 children. We actually stayed in the room some and enjoyed it. The rooms came with silverware, plates, coffee cups, and wine glasses. They also had a griddle, ice bucket, corkscrew, dishwashing liquid, and coffee maker. The beach was a big plus and my children enjoyed feeding the ducks by hand and roasting marshmallows over the campfire. There is also a small heated pool that our family had to ourselves one evening. It is close to nearby attractions and there is a restaurant also within walking distance. The rooms were very clean and the beach was also. My son tried the fishing but with no luck:( Our family wasn't too impressed with the waterpark tickets to Chula Vista. There were long lines for all of the indoor attractions and it was too cool to swim outside. We only went for a few hours one day and didn't return (at our kids' request). My only suggestion to Cedar Lodge would be to try to add a kitchenette to the rooms (w/sink and outlets) without raising the prices. It was very hard to wash dishes in the bathroom sink and difficult to cook with the griddle on the floor (without outlets near). A tip to vacationers: stay 5 nights and the price goes down per night considerably. I just hope that in the future, prices do not raise so that middle income families can still enjoy great places such as this. Cedar Lodge --Highly recommended for families!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Wisconsin River on the Lower Dells. Close to attractions, yet quiet and secluded. Relax and unwind in the summer with nightly bonfires along 400 ft. of sandy beach. Admire the Bald Eagles in the winter. Beautiful, clean riverview log units and friendly staff invite you and your family to make memories that will last a lifetime. Free water park passes included year round for every registered guest. Discount book and splash pass included with every reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Cedar Lodge & Settlement reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Lodge And Settlement
- Cedar Lodge & Settlement Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Cedar Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Cedar Hotel Settlement