All reviews wisconsin river log cabin big cat rescue small kitchenette lower dells gas grill river view off the beaten path dells attractions vacation spot fire pit home away from home whirlpool suite short drive definitely stay here again family vacation king bed
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This wonderful peaceful place that i have stayed at multiple times can be used for many getaways. You can use it for a romantic, family, or friend getaway since the cabins are a stones tThis wonderful peaceful place that i have stayed at multiple times can be used for many getaways. You can use it for a romantic, family, or friend getaway since the cabins are a stones throw away to many attractions. Marley's if u are with your friends, Chula Vista Water park (passes are included) if you are with your family. If your there for a romantic getaway the cabins are so beautiful your not going to want to leave with a restaurant right down the road to replenish. My 6 yr old loves the water park and my wife loves the cozy cabin. You really can’t lose! The staff is welcoming and knowledgeable. We will no doubt come back.hrow away to many attractions. Marley's if u are with your friends, Chula Vista Waterpark (passes are included) if you are with your family. If your there for a romantic getaway the caabins are so beautiful your not going to want to leave with a restaurant right down the road to replenish. My 6 yr old loves the waterpark and my wife loves the cozy cabin. You really cant lose! The staff is welcoming and knowledgable.

Room tip: The cabins are the way to stay if u are traveling with a large group. 4 adults, 2 6yr olds and 2 babies felt more than comfortable in the cabin
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thanks for being a repeat customer. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your right when saying "You really can't lose", the cabins are perfect for families, a group of friends or couples. The resort is off the "beaten path" yet close to everything the Dells has to offer. Really happy you continue to stay with us and your family loves the cabins and surrounding attractions. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon. Chris-

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a wonderful couple days at Cedar Lodge celebrating our anniversary. The staff were extremely helpful in assisting us in selecting just the right accommodations for our needs and were very friendly at check-in and check-out. Even the gal providing the maid service was willing to adjust her time to fit with our schedule and was a delight to talk to. The room was clean and well-equipped, with a nice view of the waterfront. We prepared hot breakfasts and packed lunches for our outdoor adventures at the nearby state parks. We especially enjoyed the fireplace and the whirl pool tub! Even though we didn't choose to use them, we were offered passes to one of the water parks, as well as many other coupons. We were "happy campers" all around and thank the staff for making our weekend so enjoyable!

Room tip: All the suites are lovely, but don't be afraid to ask the staff for assistance with finding the one that's perfect for you.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a wonderful time here at the lodge. The whirlpool suites are a great choice for such a special occasion. The State parks in the area are great and we have two within 15 minutes of the resort. I'll share your review with the rest of the staff. We really appreciate the kind words and the detailed review. We hope to see you again soon. Chris-

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I haven't stayed at a cabin in the past and was a little lost in finding a quality place in the Dells. We ended up choosing Cedar Lodge based on their website & other reviews and very happy we did. I was pleasantly surprised with all of the amenities that were included and found the staff to be extremely helpful in making it a great experience. I highly recommend this place if you're looking for a short getaway in Wisconsin.

Room tip: The 1 bedroom cabin would comfortable fit a 5 person family or 2 couples.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thanks for the review and choosing Cedar Lodge as your choice for a cabin rental in the area. Glad you had a great experience while staying here and found the staff to be helpful. We appreciate the recommendation and room tip. It was a pleasure having you stay here. We really enjoy great guests like you and would love to welcome you back again. Chris-

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wanted to do something special for my husband for his 40th birthday, so we stayed at Cedar Lodge. We stayed two nights in a one bedroom cabin (with a loft) with our three children and we all loved it! The cabin was beautiful, clean, and quiet, and it was stocked with towels, plenty of blankets and pillows. The kitchen was also stocked with pots, pans, glassware, plates and utensils. The only thing you need to bring is food. It really did feel like home away from home because I was able to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner for my family. There’s a stove, microwave, toaster and a nice mini refrigerator in the cabin. We also enjoyed the fireplace and the whirlpool tub. I think Cedar Lodge is an excellent place for families to stay during the summer, especially since it’s so close to all of the activities in the Dells, like Mt. Olympus. However, families and couples can enjoy the cabins anytime during the year because they’re so private and cozy. Actually, I think Christmas would be great at Cedar Lodge. In addition, we received free passes to Chula Vista and the kids enjoyed splashing around in the indoor water park for a while before we headed home. I truly recommend Cedar Lodge and we will definitely stay again. From the time I called to book the cabin, until the time we left, the office staff was very nice and professional. Housekeeping was as well, she was very pleasant when she knocked on the door and asked if we needed anything. Great customer service. Great experience.

Room tip: Stay in a cabin. You won't be disappointed.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank S H

Thanks for taking the time to review Cedar Lodge. Hope your husband enjoyed his birthday. It was a pleasure to have you and you’re family stay with us. Sounds like everyone enjoyed their time in the cabin. It is like a home away from home. It’s nice having a kitchen to cook for the family as well. We appreciate your kind words and endorsement of the amenities and staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future. Chris-

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking for a place to go for our 25th Anniversary and started to look on the internet when
I happen to come across Cedar Lodge's web site. I emailed them requesting some information.
I received a prompt reply answering all my questions. I then booked the room. When we arrived,
we were greeted very warmly. Our room was beautiful!!! It was perfect! I really loved the journal that we found in the dresser drawer from people who had stayed in the room before us. It also was nice to be able to sit by a fire at night and meet other people staying there the same weekend. We plan on making Cedar Lodge our annual Anniversary place to go. I would recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a perfect romantic vacation spot!!

Room tip: Loved the rooms looking over the Wisconsin River
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing Cedar Lodge for your 25th Wedding Anniversary and congratulations. We're happy to read the room was beautiful, perfect and you were greeted very warmly. The nightly bonfire on the courtyard next to river is a great way to unwind at the end of the day. The journals are fun to read and a great way to find out what’s good in town. Thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to your annual visit here at the Lodge. Chris-