All reviews wisconsin river log cabin big cat rescue small kitchenette lower dells gas grill river view off the beaten path dells attractions vacation spot fire pit home away from home whirlpool suite short drive definitely stay here again family vacation king bed
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wanted to do something special for my husband for his 40th birthday, so we stayed at Cedar Lodge. We stayed two nights in a one bedroom cabin (with a loft) with our three children and we all loved it! The cabin was beautiful, clean, and quiet, and it was stocked with towels, plenty of blankets and pillows. The kitchen was also stocked with pots, pans, glassware, plates and utensils. The only thing you need to bring is food. It really did feel like home away from home because I was able to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner for my family. There’s a stove, microwave, toaster and a nice mini refrigerator in the cabin. We also enjoyed the fireplace and the whirlpool tub. I think Cedar Lodge is an excellent place for families to stay during the summer, especially since it’s so close to all of the activities in the Dells, like Mt. Olympus. However, families and couples can enjoy the cabins anytime during the year because they’re so private and cozy. Actually, I think Christmas would be great at Cedar Lodge. In addition, we received free passes to Chula Vista and the kids enjoyed splashing around in the indoor water park for a while before we headed home. I truly recommend Cedar Lodge and we will definitely stay again. From the time I called to book the cabin, until the time we left, the office staff was very nice and professional. Housekeeping was as well, she was very pleasant when she knocked on the door and asked if we needed anything. Great customer service. Great experience.

Room Tip: Stay in a cabin. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank S H
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to review Cedar Lodge. Hope your husband enjoyed his birthday. It was a pleasure to have you and you’re family stay with us. Sounds like everyone enjoyed their time in the cabin. It is like a home away from home. It’s nice having a kitchen to cook for the family as well. We appreciate your kind words and endorsement of the amenities and staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future. Chris-

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking for a place to go for our 25th Anniversary and started to look on the internet when
I happen to come across Cedar Lodge's web site. I emailed them requesting some information.
I received a prompt reply answering all my questions. I then booked the room. When we arrived,
we were greeted very warmly. Our room was beautiful!!! It was perfect! I really loved the journal that we found in the dresser drawer from people who had stayed in the room before us. It also was nice to be able to sit by a fire at night and meet other people staying there the same weekend. We plan on making Cedar Lodge our annual Anniversary place to go. I would recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a perfect romantic vacation spot!!

Room Tip: Loved the rooms looking over the Wisconsin River
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing Cedar Lodge for your 25th Wedding Anniversary and congratulations. We're happy to read the room was beautiful, perfect and you were greeted very warmly. The nightly bonfire on the courtyard next to river is a great way to unwind at the end of the day. The journals are fun to read and a great way to find out what’s good in town. Thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to your annual visit here at the Lodge. Chris-

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here three days and two nights with my boyfriend. The weather sucked but the view from our suite was amazing. The room had everything!! from a radio to kitchen utensils, even coasters! The employees there were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely go back but in the summer of course. I recommend this place it was great. Plus you get a coupon book for events and attractions nearby, even restaurants that deliver!! Thanks the employees for being great! Loved Cedar Lodge. They even gave us a coupon if we return.

Room Tip: Ask what is exactly available in the suite/lodge you are booking
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for Cedar Lodge. Sorry the weather wasn't the best while you were here. It's good to know you enjoyed the room and the view. Thank you for the compliments of room and staff. I will share it with the rest of the team. That’s great you were able to use the coupon book- it's a great value. Good room tip as well. We look forward to your visit next summer. Chris-

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed two nights here and loved it! The room far exceeded my expectations being both comfortable and charming decoration wise. The location of cedar lodge was ideal for us being close to the downtown area but just far enough away that when you looked out over the balcony and saw the WI River it seemed you were on a rustic retreat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the short and sweet review. Glad you loved your stay here at Cedar Lodge. The location, view and quality of the individual units is what makes Cedar Lodge special and unique. We're pleased to know your stay was comfortable, charming and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Chris-

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and this past weekend for his birthday. The first time we got a whirlpool suit and the view was spectacular even in the midst of winter! This past weekend in October we stayed in a one bedroom cabin "27", and this place is so charming. My husband and I walked in and both said "WOW" we could not believe how gorgeous it was and so warm and friendly. The whole experience from getting your keys from the front desk to the moment you step through the door to begin your well deserved vacation. We will keep coming back because you just can't find places like this anymore...this time were bringing the kids :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for the review. Glad you and your husband enjoyed both of your visits here at Cedar Lodge. The winter is an amazing time to view the river. Cabin #27 is a beautiful cabin, perfect for couples or a small family. We say "wow" too when we walk in to that cabin. Thanks for the kind words. We really look forward to your next stay with the kids. Chris-