“Clean & Fun!”

Alakai Hotel and Suites
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband & I and our three kids, ages 15, 13 and 17mo recently stayed at Alakai. The room was nice and clean. We had two queen beds and a sofa sleeper (as well as a pack-n-play that we brought with). There was a small fridge and a microwave. The pool area is great. We all had a good time but be careful! The floor gets super slippery around the pools. We would have liked to enjoy the hot tub a little more but our eyes burned from the chlorine so we couldn't sit in it for very long. We received passes to Noah's Ark too which we took advantage of. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Christy K

Reviewed August 18, 2014

So we booked this hotel online for me and my 3 kids. For the weekend we got a rate of 193 per night (including taxes and fees). At the last minute, my husband was able to make it and we had to change rooms when we got there because there were now 5 people. I asked if my 2 year old daughter could just sleep with me and hubby. But now we had to get a bigger room. So we did. I understand that is the policy. But then I was charged $250 per night. Totally not worth it!! Will never stay here for that price again!! We would have left but I already had family that was staying here as well. They asked for an extra pillow and my brother in law had to fight the lady at the front desk to get it??? He needed it for his mom who has a pacemaker. I also felt like because of these problems we were watched like a hawk. I will never stay here again even if the rooms were clean but needs to be majorly updated.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunshine18930
Reviewed August 9, 2014

It was very bad choice for us to choose this hotel. It is nice place with beautiful swimming pool, but the owner of hotel is watching each your step and you feel like you are in prison. Whenever you go, she is watching you, whenever you do , you are on camera. We stayed there for 2 days and the owner of this hotel ruined our vocation . After all I had unauthorized charge on my credit card for $89.40.
There are a lot of nice hotel in Wisconsin Dells to choose from, I would never ever recommend this hotel for anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8  Thank Iryna L
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband, 18 month daughter and I spent two nights at this hotel in July. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, spacious and reasonably priced. The hotel has 3 great pools, one with a splash pad and water slides which were great for toddlers and kids. The hotel offered free Noah's Ark passes, but we didn't even need to use them, since the pools were perfect for us at the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located to many shops and restaurants, all within walking distance, which is nice when you have a little one who doesn't like riding in the car. The outlet mall is nearby too, which is another plus. The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel at home. We will definitely stay again! Highly recommend this hotel, especially for families.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I booked this place last minute with no knowledge of the area - decided we wouldn't be in the room that much anyway. Very surprised at how clean and accommodating this place was. They have an indoor and outdoor pool and they are located about a mile from all the main attractions. They are located within walking distance from 3 other resorts - and being there for the 4th of July, this made it an awesome place to watch fireworks from those locations. It was very quiet and comfortable for the price.
This place is ideal for families with young children but also a great place to be if you are there without kids. Also a great way to save a lot of money as they are very reasonably priced compared to the other resorts in the area charging hundreds of dollars per night. Water park passes to Noah's Ark were provided to each of us daily as part of our room rate. The cost of admission for 1 person is about $40 per day, so this pretty much paid for itself.
The owner is a little weird. He is walking around a lot constantly working on this or that and he always seemed irritated. If you say hi to him, he will attempt to involve you in whatever is irritating him. We decided to stop saying hi to him. The rest of his staff however was extremely nice, friendly and normal.
Overall we got a pretty big bang for our buck. What we spent in 4 days was probably equivalent to what others at the big fancy resorts spend in 1 day. We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: The only ice maker is in the lobby. If this matters to you, you might want a room closer to that pa...
1  Thank Renee C
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I booked a two-night stay at the Alakai for the middle of the week in July of 2014. The rooms were reasonably priced for the Dells, about $120/night, and they included Noah' Ark passes for each day of your stay. We wanted something with a small water park that our 20 month old son could enjoy, and this was perfect. The indoor pool area features a pool with two slides, a standard pools, a whirlpool, and a sauna. Our son absolutely loved the indoor water slides. The outdoor pool also has slides but we didn't use it as it was unseasonably cool during our stay.

The hotel was very clean, the room, the lobby, the halls, everything. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to whatever we needed. We got to check in a couple hours early which was nice. The beds were a little uncomfortable, which is the only reason I give it a 4/5 instead of a 5/5. The WiFi was also a bit spotty at times would be the only other negative that I could find. Our room had a flat screen TV, fridge, and microwave. We definitely would stay here again and were very happy with the service that we had while we were here.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We decided on a last minute long weekend to Wisconsin Dells. After searching for a hotel to stay at that offered free Noah's Ark passes, I came across Alakai. This hotel is located within walking distance of several restaurants, activities and shopping (although a walking path to those places would be nice instead of relying on the roadways). It is located about 1 1/2 miles from Noah's Ark.

The hotel is extremely clean, in fact I will go as far as saying it is cleaner than any highly rated hotel or resort I have ever stayed. The front desk staff is very friendly, always greeting you when you walked in. The indoor pool area has a play area for smaller kids and a decent size regular pool for older kids and a hot tub. Definitely a great place for families, especially families with younger kids - the pool accomodations are perfect for them. The room included a small fridge and microwave as well as an extra sink.

The only downside was that the beds were a bit uncomfortable, we could feel the springs but the cleanliness overshadowed that negative.

We will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank ptomom2013