Alakai Hotel and Suites
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$89
Very Good 4/5
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$67
Very Good 4/5
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$54
Great 4.5/5
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
Very Good 4/5
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
$67
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$68
$60
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$78
$76
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$130
$125
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$82
$80
Very Good 4/5
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$59
$57
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsoutdoor poolsmall waterclean hotelnoah's arkcontinental breakfasthot tubregular poolstay there againoutlet mallnice place to staygreat weekendstaff was very friendly and helpfulsmall kidsenjoyed our staya great staymini vacationfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I stay at the Alakai at least once a month to relax and enjoy the "Dells Experience." The Alakai"s location is perfect with entertainment, shopping and a variety of dining venues available within walking distance. The accommodations are a real value. Large clean rooms economically priced. The large indoor pool and jacuzzi are great for adults and older children and the children's indoor splash pool is ideal for the younger kids. But hands down the reason the Alakai is our favorite hotel is the personalized service. The owners are experienced and know what hospitality means. We are always greeted with smiles when we arrive and treated like valued guests during our stay.

Room Tip: Variety of rooms available including rooms with jacuzzi and suites.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dyan T
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family used to stay at this hotel when I was younger and I decided to come here with my girlfriend when we came for a ski-trip. Everything was clean and the staff was nice just like I remembered. The pool was large and all in all we had a great time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pootz47
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Alakai during a weekend ski trip and found the hotel and service comforting.The rooms were large and clean.The pool was great after a day of skiing. We had a great weekend and plan on coming back next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas N
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed in hotel for a hockey tournament. We booked 27 rooms and were treated like they had wished we had never shown up. They have a meeting room and they wouldn't rent it to us for use for some reason. The room sat empty whole weekend.

As far as the hotel itself it is below average. The rooms were clean but, toilets ran all the time, the TV's were horrible barely got any channels, the beds were rock hard very uncomfortable and to make it worse the pillows were even worse. Could have used extra pillows to but none available.

They only have coffee from 7-11 in the morning and that's it. Don't even offer tea as an alternative. Come on how much does it really cost to have a little coffee later in day.

Check out time is 10:30am which is way to early for sports teams or anyone for that matter. Some of the families tried to get a later check out because our tournament game was a little later on Sunday. They would not allow this and were very not very accommodating to help out with this. Just said no they do not allow this.

All in all I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Very disappointed.

Watch out if you do decide to book a room here there cancellation policy is the worst I've seen.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed February 24, 2014

A friend and I stayed at Alakai this past weekend, he had signed up for a time share thing and THIS is where they stuck us. The exterior looks fine, but the inside was a whole other story. The moment we walked in, our nasal senses were invaded with a STRONG "your grandmother's house" potpourri smell. Not in a "oh, they're trying to make it smell good in here" sense, this was more "you'll find this odor permeating your dreams and clothes in a different timezone" stench. We go in to check in, not expecting miracles, and the woman at the desk is exceptionally rude in informing us that we must go to the visitors center first before checking in. No reason given, just barked the order and went about her business. The people at the visitor center were much nicer, and then we were able to go check in to our room. Once in our room, it smells JUST as terrible as the rest of the building, we have 2 queen beds with NO blankets (it's a cozy 11 degrees with frozen everything outside), the heater barely works and we had requested a king sized bed. My friend goes back to the desk to let her know there was a mistake and all she says is "king beds aren't included in the time-share package"; never mind when he booked the place they asked him what bed he preferred. So he comes back and tells us we are stuck with the room. The beds don't even have fitted sheets, just one sheet wrapped over the mattress, a THIN velourish looking green blanket and another sheet over top that. I asked the same front desk woman if we could have a blanket and was told "that IS the blanket". I said "that thin green looking thing is supposed to keep us warm?" and she replied "yes". The bottom 2 drawers in the dresser were also sealed shut so they could store cleaning rags in there, as opposed to the guests clothing. I was locked out of the actual hotel building at 1 am when it was about 10 degrees outside (I went to retrieve my phone charger out of the truck), there's no sign indicating that the front entrance is locked after a certain time. Luckily someone else was locked out of their room and saw me standing at the front door for about 10 minutes, and they let me in. There was NO ONE at the front desk at that time and I'm really not sure if they were able to get back into their room. This place is a PIECE of crap, the front desk attendant could use some intensive customer service courses and they need to lay off the potpourri fumes and get some actual live plants in there instead of raiding Michael's arts and crafts for fake greenery. Not impressed at all.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple