“PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU CHOOSE If i could rate it zero i would!!”

Alakai Hotel and Suites
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Niagara, Wisconsin, United States
“PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU CHOOSE If i could rate it zero i would!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Customer service in this hotel is a disaster! i called and booked a large suite about two weeks ahead of time so that I would have a room for me and my children and not have to worry about my 400 dollar a day card limit and disaster stiked because they didnt charge my checking account and the owner simply gave our room away! I could not believe this so i asked her why didnt you charge my account like we set up I got no answer and was turned away with nowhere to stay and no effort of help not even directions it was simply the worst i have evere been treated as a customer in my life DONT GO THERE AND PUT YOURSELF THROUGH IT call like i did and they will treat you bad on the phone too simplu disgusting!

Room Tip: go to the wilderness or the Atlantis much nicer hotels with great service
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Mike C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. It's located off the beaten path somewhat and it was nice. Beds were ok. The comforter and mattress had stains on it. I wish they would double pillowcase the pillows since I could see the older looking pillow sticking out the one side of my pillow. TV and microwave were a bit outdated. Bathroom and shower very clean. Overall nice place to stay and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
Roselle, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean at a good price. It is fine for couples and those with small children.
However, if you have children that get the least bit rowdy this is not a good place to stay. The owners work very hard but they have very little tolerance for children between the ages of about 8 to 18. I do not recommend staying here with a group of children unless you do not plan to use the pool area, inside or out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
South Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Hotel Alakai Aug. 3-4 and we both enjoyed it very much. The lobby was inviting. The Front Desk Agent was polite. The room we had was with a king bed on the first floor. It was pleasant and housekeeping does a great job:) The indoor pool and jacuzzi were nice. We wanted to go in the outdoor pool but it closed at 10pm. The only thing that I wish was included is continental breakfast. I really recommend this hotel for either couples (they do have jacuzzi rooms available) or families. Out of many hotels/motels to pick from in Wisconsin Dells, this one is definitely our choice.

Room Tip: We had a room towards the back corner of the hotel which gives you a little more privacy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mishalle
Reviewed July 29, 2012

First off, the price was great for what we were looking for. The best part of our stay was at the time they were giving away free Mt. Olympus tickets every day for every person staying. With 5 people in our party we saved tons of money. Very clean rooms and great location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank meskss144
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I brought my entire 10 year old baseball team here to stay 2-nights for a big Dells Baseball Tournament. Oh my God was this hotel a big mistake to stay at. The owner and her husband are insane and I am being kind. If you have kids do not stay here! She will get nasty and rude with anyone. She called the police on all of us for standing outside at night when we were all being very nice and respectful. The police officer who came even said to us "This woman is crazy so just put your drinks away and I will drive off"
The next night all our kids were swimming in the pool when she came and checked all the coolers (without even asking) and kicked us all out right at 10pm. Don't stay here people! I would rather sleep in my car for two nights then deal with the owner. She is a piece of work!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Brian R
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I stayed 2 nights at Alakai and we really enjoyed the stay. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. The rooms were a decent paid and the pools were clean. My fiance was in a wheelchair from a broken ankle and the check in staff member gave us a handicap room without addition charge and without us asking. I would diff recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family