“Nice play to stay to get away from crowds of downtown.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alakai Hotel and Suites

Alakai Hotel and Suites
Ranked #36 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice play to stay to get away from crowds of downtown.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. It's located off the beaten path somewhat and it was nice. Beds were ok. The comforter and mattress had stains on it. I wish they would double pillowcase the pillows since I could see the older looking pillow sticking out the one side of my pillow. TV and microwave were a bit outdated. Bathroom and shower very clean. Overall nice place to stay and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Roselle, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean at a good price. It is fine for couples and those with small children.
However, if you have children that get the least bit rowdy this is not a good place to stay. The owners work very hard but they have very little tolerance for children between the ages of about 8 to 18. I do not recommend staying here with a group of children unless you do not plan to use the pool area, inside or out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
South Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Hotel Alakai Aug. 3-4 and we both enjoyed it very much. The lobby was inviting. The Front Desk Agent was polite. The room we had was with a king bed on the first floor. It was pleasant and housekeeping does a great job:) The indoor pool and jacuzzi were nice. We wanted to go in the outdoor pool but it closed at 10pm. The only thing that I wish was included is continental breakfast. I really recommend this hotel for either couples (they do have jacuzzi rooms available) or families. Out of many hotels/motels to pick from in Wisconsin Dells, this one is definitely our choice.

Room Tip: We had a room towards the back corner of the hotel which gives you a little more privacy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mishalle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

First off, the price was great for what we were looking for. The best part of our stay was at the time they were giving away free Mt. Olympus tickets every day for every person staying. With 5 people in our party we saved tons of money. Very clean rooms and great location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank meskss144
Delafield, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I brought my entire 10 year old baseball team here to stay 2-nights for a big Dells Baseball Tournament. Oh my God was this hotel a big mistake to stay at. The owner and her husband are insane and I am being kind. If you have kids do not stay here! She will get nasty and rude with anyone. She called the police on all of us for standing outside at night when we were all being very nice and respectful. The police officer who came even said to us "This woman is crazy so just put your drinks away and I will drive off"
The next night all our kids were swimming in the pool when she came and checked all the coolers (without even asking) and kicked us all out right at 10pm. Don't stay here people! I would rather sleep in my car for two nights then deal with the owner. She is a piece of work!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Brian R
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I stayed 2 nights at Alakai and we really enjoyed the stay. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. The rooms were a decent paid and the pools were clean. My fiance was in a wheelchair from a broken ankle and the check in staff member gave us a handicap room without addition charge and without us asking. I would diff recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christina H
South Holland, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Me and my family are used to taking trips and have stayed in plenty of hotels. We booked 5 rooms at Alakai to accommodate us in both quantity and price. The service was exquisite, the owner was a delight, and when/if i return to Wisconsin Dells - she WILL receive my service. The rooms were nice and clean, the maids we helpful, and the location of the hotel is perfect. Most attractions were 10-15 minutes away and the hotel offers HUNDREDS of coupons just for staying with them. There is an indoor pool for adults, a hot tub, and a children's pool(that actually helped my soon to feel comfortable with water). There is also an outdoor pool with 2 slides and a basketball hoop. Parking is ample, and safe. You can walk to several restaurants i.e. Famous Dave's, Taco Bell, and McDonalds. Call ahead and just speak with the owner, she is very nice and very respectful. Overall... this hotel service has really assured me that there are nice people and places everywhere you go.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor if you are concerned about noise from people above you. If you expec...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family