“On the main drag, but away from the noise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Black Hawk Motel

Black Hawk Motel
Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Grand Rapids,MI
“On the main drag, but away from the noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Only stayed here one night, but very pleasant. Room was clean, especially bathroom, sauna was hot & relaxing. Has an indoor & outdoor pool. Close to downtown action, but not in it. Would have stayed here longer. Good price to value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
BlackHawkMotel, Manager at Black Hawk Motel, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thanks for your comments, we hope you can return again sooner for a longer stay and a little more R & R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Polish first
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We spent 4 nights at the Black Hawk Motel. I was a little unsure when I made the reservations, since I knew it was an older hotel, but the room we stayed in had all been re-done recently. The room and bathroom were clean, had a bit of a new carpet smell, but at least that meant the carpet was clean and new. It was really handy to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room, we ended up just eating breakfast in our room, easier than going somewhere with our kid. The room we had was a little on the small side, but it worked fine for us, with 2 adults, 1 kid. Friendly service...will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for your comments, sounds like you may have been in one of our newly remodeled 2 double beds. Newly remodeled for 2011 include our rooms with 3 doubles, two bedroom w/ 3 queens and a few others. We hope to see you again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We attended the Polish festival, but decided to stay at the Black Hawk Motel instead of Mt Olympus, where the event was. We are so glad we did, it was a great value and we were able to do more with the money we saved. The service was great! Nice people!

• Stayed September 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for your comments! We give all guests the Free Dells Fun card for each room reserved, this is a great way to save on attractions and restaurants. The fun card has a buy one get one free for the Dells Boat tours, so use it just once and it will save about $18.00+, and the card is good thru the end of the year! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

The great reviews for Black Hawk are all true! Instead of repeating all the great things that have already been written, I'll just say "read the great reviews here, and I agree with all of them"! My husband and I chose the Wisconsin Dells for our 25th wedding anniversary vacation because we wanted something that was a scenic getaway while being not more than a day's drive from Chicago...and we wanted to stay at a place that had a "small-town family feel" to it, not a fancy-dancy water park place. Brad and Tena are wonderful hosts and they run a well-maintained hotel with lots of "old school charm". This was our first-ever trip to the Dells, and we are already planning to go back to the Black Hawk the first Spring month that the Black Hawk starts their Spring season.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shaynie_K
Thank you so much for your comments! We love this business because of the all the great people that we have met and have got to know over the years. I grew up in this business and like my Mother use to say..."after so many years, it get's in your blood and becomes part of you".
We hope to accommodate you again this year!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

For the price, this place is incredible. Couldn't ask for more. Room and grounds were immaculate. Pools and hot tubs were very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for your comments! All rooms rented now get the Free Dells Fun Card, a great way to save even more. We hope to see you soon!
Menomonie, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

This place is a gem in the Dells! It's a very old-school motel with a family like atmosphere. My husband and I got the whirlpool suite, and it was such a deal! The most you will pay is $135 a night on PEAK summer weekends! In the spring/fall you can pay as low as $80 a night for a room with air, king size bed, whirlpool, mini fridge, and balcony with patio furniture. The suites even have reserved parking and their own outdoor entrances.

The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool, perfect for all seasons!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks so much for your comments! In the spring and fall months, we offer our Jacuzzi blowout with a king or queen bed for just $69 plus tax. This is valid Sunday - Thursday before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. We hope to see you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

We have been staying at the Blackhawk for over 20 years of going to the Dells. My daughter is 32 and during her teen years we always brought one of her friends along for her to have fun with. Now she is married and has 4 year old twins that are beginning to be of age to enjoy the trip with us. They have stayed at the Blackhawk 4 times since infancy. This motel is by far the cleanest motel anyone could ask for. The owners and their staff do an awesome job keeping the property spotless.
On our recent stay at the motel after checking out and spending the day doing things in town we were on our way back to Illinois when I realized I had left my diamond earrings in the room. My daughter and her family were still in the Dells doing things so I immediately called her to see if they could check with the motel and see if someone found the earrings. I was panicked and never expected to see those earrings again. Within minutes my daughter called me back and said the owner had my earrings at the desk and she would go back and pick them up for me! Whoever found those earrings could have easily kept them and no one would ever have to know about it. Upon returning to the motel to retrieve my earrings my daughter offered the finder a small cash reward and the owner refused to take it. My daughter was told they could not accept the money. This is the exact type of establishment I want to spend my vacation nights at. There is no better place to stay at in the Dells!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
BlackHawkMotel, Manager at Black Hawk Motel, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you for your comments, the Thank You card you mailed us and most of all...your many years of continued patronage. Our family appreciates all of our repeat guests who have stayed with us over the years, from when my grandparents ran the motel in the 40's and 50's, for the 44 years my parents ran the motel and nearly the last decade that my wife Tena and I have been here. Tena and I also appreciate our great staff, who is just like family. Our core staff of 10 employees have been with us for over a combined 110 years.