WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Black Hawk Motel

Black Hawk Motel
Ranked #1 of 71 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
A TripAdvisor Member
“We attended the Polish festival, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

We attended the Polish festival, but decided to stay at the Black Hawk Motel instead of Mt Olympus, where the event was. We are so glad we did, it was a great value and we were able to do more with the money we saved. The service was great! Nice people!

• Stayed September 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BlackHawkMotel, Manager at Black Hawk Motel, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thanks for your comments! We give all guests the Free Dells Fun card for each room reserved, this is a great way to save on attractions and restaurants. The fun card has a buy one get one free for the Dells Boat tours, so use it just once and it will save about $18.00+, and the card is good thru the end of the year! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

The great reviews for Black Hawk are all true! Instead of repeating all the great things that have already been written, I'll just say "read the great reviews here, and I agree with all of them"! My husband and I chose the Wisconsin Dells for our 25th wedding anniversary vacation because we wanted something that was a scenic getaway while being not more than a day's drive from Chicago...and we wanted to stay at a place that had a "small-town family feel" to it, not a fancy-dancy water park place. Brad and Tena are wonderful hosts and they run a well-maintained hotel with lots of "old school charm". This was our first-ever trip to the Dells, and we are already planning to go back to the Black Hawk the first Spring month that the Black Hawk starts their Spring season.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shaynie_K
Thank you so much for your comments! We love this business because of the all the great people that we have met and have got to know over the years. I grew up in this business and like my Mother use to say..."after so many years, it get's in your blood and becomes part of you".
We hope to accommodate you again this year!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

For the price, this place is incredible. Couldn't ask for more. Room and grounds were immaculate. Pools and hot tubs were very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your comments! All rooms rented now get the Free Dells Fun Card, a great way to save even more. We hope to see you soon!
Menomonie, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

This place is a gem in the Dells! It's a very old-school motel with a family like atmosphere. My husband and I got the whirlpool suite, and it was such a deal! The most you will pay is $135 a night on PEAK summer weekends! In the spring/fall you can pay as low as $80 a night for a room with air, king size bed, whirlpool, mini fridge, and balcony with patio furniture. The suites even have reserved parking and their own outdoor entrances.

The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool, perfect for all seasons!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your comments! In the spring and fall months, we offer our Jacuzzi blowout with a king or queen bed for just $69 plus tax. This is valid Sunday - Thursday before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. We hope to see you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

We have been staying at the Blackhawk for over 20 years of going to the Dells. My daughter is 32 and during her teen years we always brought one of her friends along for her to have fun with. Now she is married and has 4 year old twins that are beginning to be of age to enjoy the trip with us. They have stayed at the Blackhawk 4 times since infancy. This motel is by far the cleanest motel anyone could ask for. The owners and their staff do an awesome job keeping the property spotless.
On our recent stay at the motel after checking out and spending the day doing things in town we were on our way back to Illinois when I realized I had left my diamond earrings in the room. My daughter and her family were still in the Dells doing things so I immediately called her to see if they could check with the motel and see if someone found the earrings. I was panicked and never expected to see those earrings again. Within minutes my daughter called me back and said the owner had my earrings at the desk and she would go back and pick them up for me! Whoever found those earrings could have easily kept them and no one would ever have to know about it. Upon returning to the motel to retrieve my earrings my daughter offered the finder a small cash reward and the owner refused to take it. My daughter was told they could not accept the money. This is the exact type of establishment I want to spend my vacation nights at. There is no better place to stay at in the Dells!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BlackHawkMotel, Manager at Black Hawk Motel, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you for your comments, the Thank You card you mailed us and most of all...your many years of continued patronage. Our family appreciates all of our repeat guests who have stayed with us over the years, from when my grandparents ran the motel in the 40's and 50's, for the 44 years my parents ran the motel and nearly the last decade that my wife Tena and I have been here. Tena and I also appreciate our great staff, who is just like family. Our core staff of 10 employees have been with us for over a combined 110 years.
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

I was worried about staying in a motel but that is all there really is in the Wisconsin dells area but I was not disappointed the place is cleaner than my house which I think is quite clean and it is as spacious as most hotel rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure to accommodate you. We hope to see you again soon!
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

All positive reviews for this motel are true. A friendly, family owned motel a few long blocks away from the Dells strip-- nice, quiet neighborhood. If you have small children that need their rest and you want some quiet time in the hot tub with your spouse, reserve room 68 which is actually a two-room suite/cottage with your own parking space in front of your door. 30 feet from our door was a clean/safe little playground for our 3-year old daughter to play on while my wife and I relaxed with an adult beverage at the picnic table. The cottage is a 30 second stroll across the street from the main hotel complex/pool.

We loved the indoor/outdoor pool areas. We couldn't get our daughter out of the water. Small kiddie pool near outdoor pool and sauna and hot tub inside near indoor pool. The slides and diving board are great entertainment for young children. My three year old actually enjoyed these pools more than the overcrowded Mt. Olympus which is nice but just too much for the little ones. The retro game room was a lot of fun too! Seemed as though only friendly people stayed here as we got along well with everyone in pool area.

This motel is everything it claims to be and more. We will certainly stay here again when we return; It's just too good of a deal to pass up. I couldn't find one cigarette butt on the grounds anywhere... a testament to the ownership. Finally, if you like to golf and want to play a free round or two of golf at a cute 3-par golf course, take advantage of the free unlimited golf the motel offers all of its guests. The course is just a 5 minute drive down the road. Because my golf was free I felt it important to sit at the small clubhouse and thank the owners and workers for the time on their course. I also purchased my water and a couple of beers there too. Pack your short irons and putter before you leave home-- a great place to practice your short game.

Thank you Black Hawk Motel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BlackHawkMotel, Manager at Black Hawk Motel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for your review and for telling others about your enjoyable stay with us. I personally appreciate your comment on not seeing a cigarette butt, as my Dad had me picking them up when I was only about 8 or 9 years old. We'll again be offering unlimited golf at Pinecrest Golf course this year and our retro 80's game room still has our classic Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man, Centipede and pinballs the Grand Lizard and Pinbot as well as our billard table and many other classics.