“STILL EXCELLENT”

Black Hawk Motel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stay here when I travel to see friends in Wisconsin and I love old motels. THIS is the best run, finest mom/pop motel in the country I have stayed at!
The rooms are immaculate and the property inside/outside is meticulously cared for.
Friendly family runs the property and is an excellent location/price for the Dells. My favorite (seriously my favorite) place to stay in the USA! It's not a Hilton - but cleaner and more maintained than a Hilton!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed May 17, 2010

Hi,I,ve been going to the Dells 30 plus years and I adore the blackhawk hotel the MOST! Rooms are clean,nice size,pools are great,quiet off the main drag,and the family ownership is second to NOBODY! Pops,brad and tina are some of the finest people I,ve ever came in to contact with,even though brads a packers fan!!! I went there for decades as my kids grew up,now im on my own and when I visit to see my boys,I stay at the blachawk for a reason,fairly priced,love the feel of the motel,always clean,and the owners always treat me like family,they are second to nobody,and for the few that complain,heck,i dont know whats with you folks! I will always recommend the Black Hawk to my family and freinds...love everything about the place!!!especially the great and kind ownership,im loyal for a REASON! I,ll be there in june,cant wait! Ken Nagel..chicago il..

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank laidbackkn
Reviewed May 6, 2010

For quite a few years, when the children were young, we stayed at the Blackhawk Motel. We always had great service from the time we checked in to the time we check out, we usually stayed for 6 nights in a kitchenette. The reasonable rates always allowed us to enjoy the other great values throughout the Dells area. The owners of the Black Hawk, are always willing to share their personal preferences, of other family friendly business, in the Dells area.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Mr_Old_Man_Sr
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We had a group of 11 stay for the Pokemon regional championships, in rooms 70,71 and 73. The kitchenette was great, we ate most of our meals there, saving us a ton of money. It was the perfect place to gather and just hang out when we weren't at the tourney. Room 71 had a nice big table to play cards at. Our rooms were looked like they were recently remodeled and were extremely clean, the beds were super comfy and there was a ton of room for our crew. We will definitely be back to visit again, possibly with the same crew, since we all had such a fantastic time!!!

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank Shuppetgirl
Reviewed November 26, 2009

It is always a pleasure to return to an accommodation and be more pleased than the first visit!

A pleasant outdoor pool (there is also an indoor pool but who wants that during the summer?); the 2 queen bedded room was more spacious than our previous room; micro and fridge in each room with an astro-turffed patio to sit on for morning coffee and dinner; a good place to walk the dogs back behind the motel. And by the way, ask for a room at the rear of the property versus one close to the street.

We look forward to our third visit!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2DogsCalgary
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Dollar for Dollar. Great cost savings. Ice is avilable for coolers. Grill is available for cooking (lighter fluid I found under grill). Free Internet. Service was awesome. Got tickets for Mt Olypus. Reasonably quiet for a family place. VERY CLEAN.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kc00001
Reviewed October 22, 2009

When planning our annual trip to the Dells, I was hesistant at staying at a Motel since we had a bad experience in the past. When we arrived they let us check in early so we can enjoy our time at Mount Olympus. Room was clean and was very well maintained. Staff was very nice and helpful with any questions. I loved the constant barbequing there and we had a nice small kitchenette in our room which was great. The only drawback is that it is not within walking distance to any of the waterparks.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple