We booked a condo at Glacier Canyon Lodge at the Wilderness for three nights. On a whim we decided to leave one day early and find a place to stay for one night. So based on trip advisor reviews, we chose the Blackhawk. It did not disappoint! After driving from the Chicago area, we arrived at the Blackhawk at about 8 pm. Check in was easy and the owner's son was at the front desk. He was very nice. We had a double queen room right across from the pool. The room was huge by double room standards. It had a two comfortable brand new beds, a huge TV with DVD player, a microwave and mini-fridge ( that could hold a gallon of milk and a 12 pack of pop, among other things!) and a table and chairs, and a dresser of course.
The room was spotless! And I am very picky about hotel rooms and letting my 3 year old touch stuff, sleep in hotel beds and walk barefoot on hotel carpet, but this room was so clean! Big kudos to the cleaning staff.
This is an old hotel, in fact, once we were here I vaguely remembered staying here before with my parents as a kid. It's right down the street from the downtown strip. It's the old motel style set up with most of the rooms on the ground floor with your own parking space right outside your door. The decor is what's now called retro and some of the furniture, like the lamps and chairs are old but in fantastic shape! The air and heating unit was in the wall and looked pretty old. I was skeptical about it working but the room was toasty warm in no time. We had to turn it down.
The bathroom was very clean with no problems. They had these soap and shampoo/body wash dispensers on the wall above the sink and in the shower. We've never seen this before anywhere. What a great idea! That must eliminate a lot of waste by keeping those little bottles out of landfills. There was also eye makeup remover packets available on the sink. What a cool touch! I've never seen that even in fancy high priced hotels.
We slept great and actually felt sad to check out the next morning. They have an outdoor and indoor pool with little kids slides, kiddie wading pool and a hot tub. We didn't have time to use the indoor pool but it was open until 11 pm! The property also has a couple of small playgrounds. One of which they were laying new mulch or something in. The play equipment in that area looked pretty new.
They also have cottages for rent. We stopped to check these out and it looked like they were putting new appliances in and remodeling.
When we got to the condo at the wilderness, it was nice and pretty but we would have saved so much money had we spent our stay at the Blackhawk, and been just as comfortable! It was only $50 for the night and we got a Dells 2 for 1 Fun Card good for attractions and food. The card saved us over $30 and we only used it twice. That made our room really cheap though! We will definitely go back to the Blackhawk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE Dual Water Parks! All guests receive FREE Waterpark pass admission to Noah's Ark - America's Largest Waterpark (summer) & Chula Vista's Indoor & Outdoor Water parks (all year). Choose from 29 different room types, from budget to family, suites and whirlpools rooms. Sealy Encore Plush Beds, fridge, microwave, in-room coffee, hairdryer, and reserved parking for all rooms. Heated Indoor pool w/ slide & hot tub, sauna open until 11:30 pm each night. Heated outdoor pool w/ slides, 2 playgrounds, grills, coin operated laundry, and Retro Arcade w/ Billiards, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man and other classic games. Located just 4 blocks from downtown Wisconsin Dells. Receive multiple coupons for area attractions and restaurants and FREE Admission to the Haunted Mansion. We are family owned & operated since 1945, we look forward to accommodating you and your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Black Hawk Motel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells