I've been to the Dells many times in my life, passed by this motel every time and thought nothing of it.
This past "weekend" (we work in food service so we got a rare Sunday-Monday-Tuesday three day weekend for Easter) we decided to celebrate our Anniversary in the Dells. We don't have much money and most of the places were well over 100 a night. I finally caved and checked out the cheaper motels. To my surprise, the third one down was only $55 a night and had a 4.5 star rating. The ratings are no lie! This is a great little motel, well kept, clean, friendly. Most everything was in good repair (they were obviously doing season opening repairs at the time so 2 Ice machines were out of order), the arcade is filled with cool retro games, pinball, ms. pacman, TMNT, a couple claw games and a pool table. The pool was warm, the hot tub HOT, and they had a nice sauna. The rooms have private entrances, large minifridges, microwaves, cabinet/drawer space, DVD players and large TVs. The beds are comfortable and the showers get hot. It was a small room but we didn't need much space. We got quite a few coupons and free passes to Chula Vista so that just sweetened the deal. It's only 2 blocks from the stuff on Broadway and 2 miles from Chula Vista, straight shot down the highway. We will definitely be back! I'm glad we found this place and I hope others give them a chance.
CONS: No Breakfast on site. But they have grills so who needs breakfast when you have steak?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Rooms NOW NEWLY RENOVATED. Receive FREE Wet and Dry Parks! All guests receive FREE Waterpark pass admission to Noah's Ark - America's Largest Waterpark (Memorial Day - Labor Day) & Kalahari Indoor (dry) Theme Park (all year). Choose from 29 different room types, from budget to family, suites and whirlpools rooms, kitchenettes and vacation homes. Plush Beds, fridge, microwave, in-room coffee, hairdryer, and reserved parking for all rooms. Heated Indoor pool w/ slide & hot tub, sauna open until 11:30 pm each night. Heated outdoor pool w/ slides, 2 playgrounds, grills, coin operated laundry, and Retro Arcade w/ Billiards, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man and other classic games. Located just 4 blocks from downtown Wisconsin Dells. Receive multiple coupons for area attractions and restaurants. We are family owned & operated since 1945, we look forward to accommodating you and your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Black Hawk Motel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells