Took a road trip with my mom, two sisters and 13-year old niece. We ended up in the Dells for one night. I had read the reviews of this motel on Trip Advisor so I booked a cottage (#67) which had 2 rooms that included 3 queen sized beds and a sofa-sleeper.
Let's just say that the last time I stayed with my family in the Dells was when I was 15. This motel brought back memories of that time. Maybe it was just the "motel" experience, but it was just so nice to pull the car up to your front door, unpack and begin to unwind.
Staff was super friendly--we wanted to extra towels, pillows and needed to borrow a wine opener--all happily given to us when we stopped in the office. One of my sisters volunteered to be the "coffee gopher" and went to the office to get our coffee in the morning (she went 3 times). Was it a pain? Probably a little for her...but it actually really added to the fun and the "going back in time" experience when everything wasn't just at our fingertips. (Suggestion: If you're going to be there awhile and love coffee, bring a thermos or big cups to fill.)
The cottage was clean, the beds were comfortable, it was very quiet at night and we all felt very safe and cozy all together in our retro cottage. And for 5 people, a bill of $150 couldn't be beat. Did I mention we received 5 free passes to the waterpark? We took a short drive to Chula Vista and watched my niece have a blast for an hour or so before dinner. That was just an added bonus...we weren't there to go to a waterpark.
If you're tired of these enormous, impersonal, multi-story hotels--book a room or cottage here and you'll see why their back-to-the-basics approach(friendly, clean and quiet) is so appealing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE Dual Water Parks! All guests receive FREE Waterpark pass admission to Noah's Ark - America's Largest Waterpark (summer) & Chula Vista's Indoor & Outdoor Water parks (all year). Choose from 29 different room types, from budget to family, suites and whirlpools rooms. Sealy Encore Plush Beds, fridge, microwave, in-room coffee, hairdryer, and reserved parking for all rooms. Heated Indoor pool w/ slide & hot tub, sauna open until 11:30 pm each night. Heated outdoor pool w/ slides, 2 playgrounds, grills, coin operated laundry, and Retro Arcade w/ Billiards, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man and other classic games. Located just 4 blocks from downtown Wisconsin Dells. Receive multiple coupons for area attractions and restaurants and FREE Admission to the Haunted Mansion. We are family owned & operated since 1945, we look forward to accommodating you and your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Black Hawk Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells