After a long day of riding my motorcycle I ended up at the welcome center on the south side of the Dells. I asked the attendant if she could suggest a motel with a whirlpool for one night. She not only knew which ones had whirlpools but she actually called several and got pricing and availability for me.
The Black Hawk stood out at half the price of the others. She said it was very clean and gave it a high recommendation. I was not disappointed. A great location on the edge of town. Quiet yet close enough to walk to stores, pubs, restaurants, and all the other tourist traps down town.
I could go through a list of things that were good but suffice it to say that there would be nothing on the list that I could find to complain about. A very homey feeling.
The game room had a pool table and 2 REAL PINBALL MACHINES as well as some of the newer digital stuff the kids like. The pool area was nice but the whirlpool could have been hotter for my liking. HINT - there is a 2nd whirlpool and sauna in a separate small room next to the office - hot, well maintained and a blessing after my long day of riding.
No, it didn't have a free breakfast, but I knew that up front and what I saved In $$ left me with more than enough for a great breakfast at the Kilbourn Broadway Grill which was just a short walk from the motel.
I'll stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE Dual Water Parks! All guests receive FREE Waterpark pass admission to Noah's Ark - America's Largest Waterpark (summer) & Chula Vista's Indoor & Outdoor Water parks (all year). Choose from 29 different room types, from budget to family, suites and whirlpools rooms. Sealy Encore Plush Beds, fridge, microwave, in-room coffee, hairdryer, and reserved parking for all rooms. Heated Indoor pool w/ slide & hot tub, sauna open until 11:30 pm each night. Heated outdoor pool w/ slides, 2 playgrounds, grills, coin operated laundry, and Retro Arcade w/ Billiards, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man and other classic games. Located just 4 blocks from downtown Wisconsin Dells. Receive multiple coupons for area attractions and restaurants and FREE Admission to the Haunted Mansion. We are family owned & operated since 1945, we look forward to accommodating you and your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Black Hawk Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells