My daughter and I are in town this weekend for a chess tournament so we were originally planning on staying one night but have decided to extend our stay for tomorrow night too. DOnt let looks fool you. They took a traditional motel and gave it modern updates while keeping its classic appeal.
Upon walking into the room it had that "new furniture smell" and was spotless! The beds were comfy with fluffy pillows there wad a table (which unfortunately many motels lack these days)so my daughter and I could practice for her tournament. The water pressure in the shower was awesome and thete are lawn chairs outside for each room (just too bad the weather this spring is not cooperating and it was too cold outside to enjoy them)
The room also had a fridge and microwave. We were right across from the indoor pool (outdoor one was closed for the season) and the pool was clean large and included a hot tub, sauna, shower room and adjacent to a game room with a pool table.
The room came with complimentary passes to the Chula Vista waterpark for all the days we are staying- including the day of checkout and a 2 for 1 passcard good for certain restaurants and attractions. The room has 2 queen beds and was only $70 per night!
With all the ammenities and the room's condition it was the best money I've ever spent on a motel room. Their prices are attractive to tourists and not overpriced like so many other places are in the area. I respect that they offer great rooms and facilities but don't take advantage of your wallet.
From now on this is the ONLY place we will stay at when we come to the Dells!
The only negative was there is no cover on the toilet seat and with the shelf above the toilet it is easy for things to fall into it. But that certainly is not a "make or break" matter. If you stay at a resort you are overpaying and missing out on treasures like here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Rooms NOW NEWLY RENOVATED. Receive FREE Wet and Dry Parks! All guests receive FREE Waterpark pass admission to Noah's Ark - America's Largest Waterpark (Memorial Day - Labor Day) & Kalahari Indoor (dry) Theme Park (all year). Choose from 29 different room types, from budget to family, suites and whirlpools rooms, kitchenettes and vacation homes. Plush Beds, fridge, microwave, in-room coffee, hairdryer, and reserved parking for all rooms. Heated Indoor pool w/ slide & hot tub, sauna open until 11:30 pm each night. Heated outdoor pool w/ slides, 2 playgrounds, grills, coin operated laundry, and Retro Arcade w/ Billiards, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man and other classic games. Located just 4 blocks from downtown Wisconsin Dells. Receive multiple coupons for area attractions and restaurants. We are family owned & operated since 1945, we look forward to accommodating you and your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Hawk Motel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells