Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$185
$171
HIExpress.com
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$191
$179
GardenInn.com
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$110
AmericInn by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$210
Ramada by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$186
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$203
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$177
$158
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
$290
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$166
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$200
Hotels.com
1,777 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolplace to staylawn chairssplash passwalking distance to downtownchula vistadowntown dellsnoah's arkclean roomsfree water park passeswhirlpool suiteup to datehot tubthe main stripfridge and microwavecoffee makerfamily vacation
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Was looking for a cheaper alternative to the pricey Big Resorts as we wished to spend a day at Noahs Ark. After reviewing trip advisor I was rather surprised to see this motel as the number one spot to stay at in the Dells. Moments after arriving it was easy to understand why. Very Friendly check in service. Absolutely clean rooms. I mean c'mon, even the corners of the floors have no crud. My mother in law even remarked how there was not even a drop of dust on or around the tv set. The pool was a nice place for my 11 year old to finish the day by. If you want a quick tasty dinner definately refer to the menu in the front office and the room called Mitzis American Grill. They had great breakfast food at resaonable prices. The night prior grandma and grandson went for a 9pm snack of a root beer float and a peanut butter cup sundea. Bothe loved it. This motel offers an outdoor grill, we did not utilize it but would keep it in mind for a future time. I would defnitely stay here again, as well recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BlackHawkMotel, General Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

We're glad to hear that you passed on the big resorts and gave us a try! Us and many other fine lodging properties and eateries in the Dells offer great value over the big water park resorts, so thanks for supporting the little guys! We like to treat our guests like extended family or a friend that we haven't seen in years. When our guests stay with us, they are not just a number. We agree that Mitzi's is a great dining option as we have their lunch and dinner a few times a week. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and for recommending us! We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Brad

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our kids weren't sold when we first pulled up to the motel. From the outside it is a quaint, dated, throwback old time kind of place with a nice pool in the middle of the courtyard and a big statue of Chief Blackhawk at poolside. But they quickly grew to love the place.The pool and diving board were wonderful - we saw maintenance crews out checking on it every morning. Rooms are clean and modern - new carpeting, newly remodeled bathroom, great water pressure in showers, A/C (window units) was good, beds were very comfy. Microwave, big fridge and newer flat screen TV were appreciated. Our rooms came with Chula Vista waterpark passes, only a quick 2 mile drive away and great for our bigger kids who wanted the bigger waterpark rides. Blackhawk is located on the far north end of downtown. We walked back and forth several times to eat, shop and explore. Anything else in the Dells is a short car ride away. Let the office staff know what you are doing - we mentioned mini-golf and learned that they sell Pirate's Cove passes for less than $4 each. Overall, this was a great stay. Better and less crowded than the big resorts.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room if you want to be on the courtyard and near pools, ice, office (coffee), game room. Easy to keep tabs on the little ones!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I like the title of your review,...as we are definitely throwback w/ modern touches. It's great to hear that your kids quickly grew to love our place, even though first impression is that we're an old motel. The majority of our rooms are located in the court yard with our 5 pools in the center. We have had many guests tell us they like that our outdoor pool is secluded from the main road...this is where Chief Black Hawk watches over the pools in between being a centerpiece for families during their family photo shoot. Nice to hear you enjoyed the high water pressure and large fridge. Most all our rooms have a fridge that's 4.1-4.4 cubic feet in size, plenty of room to get a gallon of milk, 12+ cans of soda/beer and ample space left for snacks. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and we hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Brad

Reviewed August 24, 2012

All the other great reviews are spot on. My wife and I along with our 8 & 10 year old daughters enjoyed this motel. I will start by saying I do work for hotels and motels (bathtub repairs and refinishing) and I have been in more than I can count. This one is at the top for their category. The rooms were clean and looked modern and nice. The property was equally clean and nice. It was great to park right in front of your door. Having two pools, two saunas, and two whirlpools is un heard of, but that's what you'll find here. We liked relaxing in these pools after a day of exhausting fun!

I was going to take the family to one of the bigger water parks like Noahs or Mt. Olympus but since the motel provided free passes to Chula Vista Water Park, I decided to save money and use those. We were really glad we did. For the age our kids are this place was all we needed. The indoor was great and had many slides. The outdoor was great too and had a half dozen big slides. (For kids in their teens this may not be the best choice, for any younger it's just great. I had a great time as well).

The owners of the hotel were both very nice and we felt that they appreciated having us as guests. My wife said the other employees were nice as well. If/when we return to the Dells area, I will be looking up this place once again because I don't want to risk trying anyone else when I know I will be happy here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We sincerely appreciated having you and your family as guests with us. The easy part of our job is all the great people that we meet in this business and we always do our best to make our guests feel welcome and enjoy their stay. Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the water parks and found time to relax in our indoor, outdoor and two whirlpools. We hope you and your family find time to return to the Dells area....we would love to accommodate you again! Sincerely, Brad

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We just returned from 3 nights in the Dells and staying at the Black Hawk for our first time. We saw the reviews on TripAdvisor and not only got a great price for our 2 queen room, but even received a confirmation in the mail.

When we arrived at the motel, we were amazed at the cleanliness of the grounds and how everything looked brand new, despite the age of the motel. We were in room 25, which was centrally located to both pools and the office. We were greeted warmly by the owner and I completely loved the fact that we actually received a KEY, rather than a swipe card!! We pulled into our space in front of the room and the room was wonderful... roomy, great refrigerator and microwave, LOVED the beds and they even had a bottle opener attached to the wall! it seemed as though everything was thought of through the eyes of the customer.

The pools and grounds were immaculate and it was impressive seeing someone cleaning the pools and pool areas every single day we were there. The kids loved the arcade and the playground and my husband and I really liked the chairs to sit in outside of our room.

We used the Chula Vista bands one of the days we were there, but could have had them each day, which was such a great deal!

We will definitely be back again and I am planning to tell anyone I hear going to visit the Dells to go here. Great deal, great owners, great vacation!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and letting out your secret! We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Cleanliness is the foundation of our success. Back in 1959, when my Mother was a young 20 year woman she stated to my Father that in order to grow the business from then 24 old cottages....we have to be known for our cleanliness. This has been the norm since then, and not just our rooms...but our pools, grounds and common areas. We do have bottle openers in many rooms...this goes back to the days before twist off caps and my Father thought it would be nice to open a cold one more conveniently. Thanks again for your review and for spreading the word about us, as it is very much appreciated because supporting us and other family owned businesses helps us all compete against the mega resorts and chain hotels. Sincerely, Brad

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We booked our stay 2 weeks prior to our vacation. We checked the reviews & all were pretty good. If you are planning on doing a lot of walking in the downtown area, I suggest you plan on driving & parking in one of the public lots. It's quite a walk from the hotel to downtown, but we made it. Our only complaint is the beds. We had a queen economy room. Big enough, fridge, microwave, TV. My husband & I flipped & flopped around so much that night due to the mattress being extremely uncomfortable that we checked out a day early. Neither one of us had a good night's sleep. My husband went to the office & they were kind enough to refund our money for the 2nd night except for $5. Overall it's a nice, clean, friendly place to stay. They just need to replace/update their mattresses.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review! We sincerely appreciate your comments and for choosing to stay with us. We're glad that your queen budget room was adequate for you in size w/ fridge and microwave. We are just a bit of a walk to the center of downtown, but close enough to be walkable or there's always the option for a quick drive and park as you stated. We apologize that you didn't get a restful night of sleep. We understand that everyone is different and we have had numerous reviews and comments on our comfortable beds. I wish you would have stated that you had a uncomfortable night of sleep as the reason for checking out early instead of saying you had a couple of bad meals and didn't feel well. I only say this because it would have alerted us that there may be a problem w/ the box spring in your room, as we have had a few instances where the wood center support was broke and needed to be repaired. I do understand why you didn't alert me of the uncomfortable night of sleep though...as I have been in this business a long time and have found that guests are sometimes quite surprised that we issue credits for early check outs as we always try to satisfy our guests the best we can. The $5 fee just covered our costs to reprocess your credit card. Thanks again for visiting with us and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write us a review and we're happy to hear that your only complaint was the bed. We hope you try us again sometime as we can let you see the room and lay on the bed to see if it's comfortable enough for you. Have a great end to the summer! Sincerely, Brad