Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$185
$162
HIExpress.com
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$179
GardenInn.com
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$110
AmericInn by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$250
Ramada by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$186
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$213
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$170
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$164
$158
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
$290
Agoda.com
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$200
1,779 results
All reviewsoutdoor poollawn chairsplace to staysplash passclose to downtownchula vistadowntown dellsnoah's arkclean roomsfree water park passeswhirlpool suitehot tubup to datethe main stripfridge and microwavecoffee makerfamily vacation
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Blackhawk for a weekend vacation in one of their King whirlpool suites. As other reviews stated, the whirlpool was HUGE, much larger than any other we have seen in the dells and the prices were great! The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Our favorite part was the bed, this was the most comfortable bed we've EVER slept in. It was sooo comfy we didn't want to get out of it in the morning, we even asked what type of bed it was before we left. We will DEFINITELY be staying here again, you can't beat what you get for the price anywhere else in the Dells.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
BlackHawkMotel, General Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. Our whirlpool suites are popular room choices because of the size of our whirlpools, the lighting, mirrors and location. It's great to hear that you are one of our many guests who have complimented us on our Sealy beds, and all our rooms have the SAME bed. As a kid growing up in this business...I remember one day helping my Dad unload a bunch of new Sealy beds and I can still hear my Mom saying..."Sealy Posturepedic...the best bed you can buy". So as long as Sealy maintains their years of producing comfortable beds, it's the ONLY bed we'll ever buy. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon, perhaps in the fall when the seasons change? Have a great summer! Brad

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My new husband and I just got back from our trip to the Dells. When we were booking we looked all over the Dells area for the best prices and found the Black Hawk Motel. The room we were in was a King Bed Jacuzzi room (room 72) was so nice and clean. The lawns, pool area, and rooms were well maintained. We received two water park tickets to the Chula Vista resort, which was not really what we were looking to do, but what a great treat anyway, right? '

Basically, we were impressed with the room we had, and the great price too. The motel was centrally located to everything we wanted to do, and the owners or managers were really a nice couple.

Thanks for the great service, we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms, I have no idea what the other rooms were like, but the newly renovated rooms are super cozy and well appointed for the price, you can't beat this place.
2  Thank Monica J

Thank you for your review and for choosing Black Hawk Motel! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had time for some R & R in room #72, which is our Whirlpool Suite King Bed on the ground floor. This room use to be a kitchen w/ 2 doubles beds and we took the kitchen out and added the king bed w/ whirlpool a few years ago. It's a popular room choice as well as our other whirlpool suites. We hope to have you back soon, perhaps to stay in our newly remodeled King Bed Whirlpool Suites (rooms #75 and #76) w/ balcony overlooking our outdoor pool. Thanks again for taking the time to write us a review! Have a great summer! Brad

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I just got back from my stay at the Black Hawk Motel. This property is very well maintained and extremely clean. It is located in a quiet residential area which is only about 2 blocks from the Downtown Dells-great location! The Black Hawk has an indoor pool, outdoor pool, whirlpool, game room, grilling area, laudry facilities and free wi-fi-incredible value! The staff is helpful, friendly and willing to go the extra mile.

The atmosphere at the Black Hawk is laid back and comfortable. This was my fourth year. This year I came with family and friends. They all agreed that they would like to come back next year. I highly recommend it and can't wait to come back next year for an even longer stay.

To everyone who is reading the review and thinking oh I don't know I have never stayed in a motel before, try it and you won't be disappointed.

To the Black Hawk staff I want to say Great Job!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle G
BlackHawkMotel, General Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

Michelle, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and for being one of our many repeat guests! It's always great to hear from our repeat guests as well as our guests who have visited us for the first time. I will be sure and let our staff know of your happiness with us during our next crew meeting. It makes us all feel great when our guests have an enjoyable stay and tell others about us. We look forward to accommodating you in 2013 or perhaps sooner during tthis fall when we have outstanding off season rates. Thanks again! Brad

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The Blackhawk Motel isn't perfect, and some may look at this as the #1 place to stay in the Dells and be shocked that everything isn't pure luxury when they get there. This place is #1 for a reason. They have clean, nice accomodations and offer room styles that would cost you a whole lot more at other places.

PROS

-Prices are great. A HUGE 2 person whirlpool (much bigger than in most whirlpool hotel rooms) would've been $100 on an early June Saturday. That is crazy value. Kalahari whirlpool suite with a much smaller whirlpool is around $260. Other resorts BASIC rooms start about $200.
-Staff is very friendly. We talked to 2 different people at check-in/check-out and reporting an issue and they were both very friendly. Got good vibes from the start.
-Parking and walking. We're used to staying anywhere from Holiday Inn to the Kalahari and boy oh boy is it nice to be a couple steps from the room to the car. Granted this is the case at any 'motel' but if you upgrade to a still cheap nice room/standalone house you will NOT feel like you are in motel accomodations. It was very easy to pack up/unload due to this.
-Chula Vista water park passes included for free. I have never been there before and was surprised at how nice the indoor park was.
-Free Dells Funcard. It's nice to have for free.
-I called before booking and asked multiple questions. I think I bugged the same lady like 3 times and she never seemed annoyed and was always friendly.

CONS

-Our room smelled more like a 'smoking' room then I have experienced anywhere. We were able to get rid of this for the most part by opening the windows and airing it out so it was no big deal. Could've been the folks who stayed there previously.
-It would be nice to be able to see what rooms are available online and online booking would be nice as well.

SUGGESTIONS

This place is upscale in many ways, but I think a change to neutral tone comforters might help there image as well and be very cost effective. Myself, and at least some people I know see neutral as clean and welcoming in hotel rooms. I typically would look at a picture and sometimes little things like floral comforters are a big turn off. I know it seems stupid, and in the end it didnt matter at all, but this is purely a suggestion that may increase business/image. That said, this was purely a VISUAL suggestions. The sheets/comforters were comfy and everything was great.

6  Thank Justin121

Thank you for your informative review regarding your recent stay with us! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found great value in staying with us. We like to let our future and potential guests that we are a motel and whatever our Trip Advisor ranking is, we are still a motel. We do recommend any property in the top 10 on Trip Adisvor when we can't accommodate them. We choose to offer great value and a clean property with great customer service...as we are who we are. Great to hear you enjoyed the Chula Vista Waterpark and found a great savings with the Dells Fun Card. We do have all RESERVED parking for all of our 75 units, which includes our 30 different rooms types. We apologize if your room smelled like smoke as the one thing I hate about this business is when a guest is disrepectful...of our property, quiet hours and also of our future guests who will be in their room. We have plans of offering online booking and availablilty in 2013 and we appreciate your additional comments. We hope to accommodate you again in the near future, perhaps in one of our king balcony whirlpool suites. Thanks again! Brad

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Clean ? check.
Great value? check.
Friendly staff? check.
Walking distance to downtown? check

The decor is dated but it does not bother me. We just sleep here after a busy day out.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Miki Y
BlackHawkMotel, General Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for thanking the time to provide your stamp of approval to the the rest of the Trip Advisor community. We strive to provide a clean room and at a reasonable price with friendly customer service. We believe in treating others the way that we would want to be treated. Downtown Wisconsin Dells is just a short 4 block walk from us. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and be sure to check our website for our 30 different room types, many which are newly remodeled. We offer room types from family to budget, to suites and kitchens and more. Thanks again ang have a great summer! Brad