“Unbelieveable Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minnesota
“Unbelieveable Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed one night at this motel in the Dells while we were getting some business done. We did not expect to get such value for our dollars. We booked an adjoining room which made planning with another couple much easier. Our room was very large and clean. It was early October when we stayed so didn't use any of the outdoor amenities but I'm sure this would be nice over the summer months. The desk attendants went above and beyond to satisfy our requests. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept on. The room is slightly dated and the walls were a bit thin but I am used to staying in upper end hotels. Motels are not my usual stay but for one night I thought we'd give this motel a try and was glad we did--you can't beat the cost for the value received at the Black Hawk.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RansRider
BlackHawkMotel, Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Hello,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and sounds like you had a great night sleep on our Sealy Encore Plush Bed. We agree...it's a great bed and I and my family sleep on them as well. We strive to provide a reasonable rate for our guests in this tough economy to go along with a clean room w/ many amenties. When visiting the Wisconsin Dells Area again, we hope you choose the Black Hawk!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

This was my first time in Wi Dells, and while I'm a bit of a picky traveler, the Blackhawk was a great choice for sure. After driving around for days, it seems there are a TON of tiny little run down motels in the area (my guess is they are not that nice). We were staying in late September and did not want a waterpark hotel so we opted for a regular hotel and I think this was the best one we could have chosen. It's definately older and outdated, but it was immaculately clean and the pool/jacuzzi area was really nice (actually there were 2 jacuzzi areas- we used both and thought this was really cool) Staff was very nice and I feel the room was perfect for what we needed. Although I wasn't very impressed with the Dells itself, If we came back for any reason, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: drive up parking in front of every room. There are jacuzzi suites available.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BlackHawkMotel, Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and had time to relax in both our jacuzzi's. A reminder that we keep the jacuzzi by our office a bit hotter for those who want to really relax the body. I am not sure what room you stayed in, but I am guessing that you didn't have a recently remodeled room. We are remodeling 10 rooms this winter and will hopefully have all rooms remodeled in the next 2-3 years. We hope to see you again soon and have a great fall season.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

Ok, my wife and I needed to get away for a couple of days. We decided to be "tourists" in the Dells, but had no idea where to stay or what we really wanted to do. We decided against a water park. So after reading a number of reviews, we decided to take our chances with the Black Hawk because it is off the main drag, was highly rated, and reasonably priced. Bingo! We felt we won the lotto. This place has got character in that it's well established and not cookie cutter chain lodging, but it is very well maintained, very clean, and comfortable. Even the mattress was comfortable, although for me, the pillows were just too plumpy. Bring your own if you want something special. Also, it was hot when we were there and I think we had the loudest air-conditioner in the place. But we slept ok because it certainly masked any other noise in the area. I told the owner about these issues and he seemed aware and understanding of my concerns. I think they work really hard at exceeding their guests expectations and they certainly did ours. We will stay there again if we return to the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wow! Thanks for the awesome review on comparing us to winning the lotto. We love this business and all the great folks we meet. We apologize for the loud AC in your room and we have upgraded a number of them the last 2 years...resulting in a better night sleep for our guests and not as big of hit on our energy bill. We hope to see you again soon!
Wood River, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

very good location. clean spacious rooms spent 4 nights there would happily return if in the area again.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and for your recent four day stay with us this September. It was a pleasure to accommodate you and we hope to see you again soon!
Norway, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I arrived early Friday afternoon and left Sunday late morning. When we first booked the double bed "budget" room I was a little nervous of what I might find, especially since we only paid $45 per night. We were very surprised to find the whole place very clean and had everything that we needed. The budget room had plenty of room to move around in. My husband LOVED the fact there were two hot tubs, heated indoor pool and two saunas (and they all actually worked), in our case a his and hers as he likes it extremeley hot and I like it just hot. So we both got what we wanted. Flat screen t.v., dvd player, refrigerator and microwave worked. Very quiet. Only a short walk to downtown Wisconsin Dells. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a clean and resonable price place to stay! (There is no dust to be found anywhere in that place, never have seen such a clean hotel/motel before.)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review as I'll be sure to let our housekeeping staff know. We're glad you were able to take advantage of both of our hot tubs. I like to keep the hot tub by our office on the hot side and have had many complaints on it, however that's why we keep our other hot tub a tad bit cooler. We're glad you had a weekend away from the kids and we hope to see you again soon.
HASTINGS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I arrived early Friday afternoon for our check in and were able to get right into our room. The motel clerk was very welcoming and helpful. We had a room right next to the pool and the pool area was great!! We were also very pleased with our room and how quiet it was! I read the previous review and that was far from anything that we experienced at the motel. Everyone we met was very friendly! We will definitely be staying here again and soon!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BlackHawkMotel, Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thank you for visiting the Wisconsin Dells Area and choosing to stay with us, it is very much appreciated. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and relaxed in our indoor pool, which is open until 11:30 pm each night. We hope to see you again soon and have a great fall and winter season.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We have stayed here twice and wold return if our travels take us back to the WD area. Very clean,staff is very helpful and accommodating, location is good on the quiet end of the main drag. You can't beat the price. It is not luxury by any means however if you want a clean, comfortable, inexpensive place to stay this is it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for becoming one of our many repeat guests and for taking the time to write us a fine review as it's very much appreciated. All our rooms feature the Sealy Encore Plush Bed, fridge, microwave, DVD/CD player, Wi-Fi, high pressure heads and reserved parking at your door. We hope you can make it back to the WD area soon! Have a great fall and winter season!